Fido refuses to give credit as promised

Nngo2k
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi

The gist of this message is that I would like a credit of $50 to my mobile account as promised, due to Internet service interruption from July 27 to Aug 14, and I had to use data on my phone as an alternative.

On July 26, I updated my Internet account from 300Gb to Unlimited

On July 27, my internet stopped working. I made 3 calls to Fido that day, and was told that it would be fixed in a few hours, but could take up to 48 hours. (It was apparent that switching services somehow caused the backend to not assign an IP to my modem).

On July 28, my internet was still down, I called again and was told it would be fixed ASAP.

On July 29, my internet was still down, I called again and was told it would be fixed in 48 hours.

On Aug 2, my internet was still down, I called again and was told it would be fixed in 48 hours.

On Aug 5, my internet was still down, I called twice and was told it would be fixed in a few hours.

On Aug 8, my internet was still down, I called again and was told it would be fixed in 48 hours.

On Aug 10, my internet was still down, I called twice and was told it would be fixed in a few hours.

On Aug 11, my internet was still down. At this point, I told the rep that because I had to use data on my phone because of this outtage, I wanted the over usage to be fully credited, and they agreed. Also at this point I suggested that we deactivated my account and start a new one. The rep said no, and we must let the technicians do their job.

On Aug 13, my internet was still down. I called again, this time I spoke with Archie, and he suggested that we deactivate my current account and start a new one.

On Aug 14, I picked up a new modem and internet was restored.

On Aug 16, I received notice that my phone bill was ready. Upon review I noticed that I was billed $50 for over usage. I went on the Live chat, and was told by Geni that there was only a note to credit $20 on my next phone bill, and I should discuss with the internet department. I went on the Internet live chat, and had to wait 45 mins before a rep came on, only to be told that I need to call in, since Live Chat reps only deal with mobile issues.

I am very frustrated with this whole experience, and I just want the $50 over usage to be credited.

I am not trying to abuse the system, in fact I have been very patient and I have never yelled or raised my voice with any of the reps, I have been very courteous and always wished them a nice day. Please credit my mobile account in the amount of $50 as promised, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @Nngo2k! I'll send you a PM so we can check out what happened. Smiley