Fido overcharged

Fido overcharged

Fido overcharged

Cherryl23
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido overcharged

Why would fido charge me for a long distance which I didn’t use my phone to make long distance call! It’s frustrating!

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Cherryl23,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have? Does it have Canada-wide calling? Have you had a chance to view the charge on your bill? You can verify the details of your bill via My Account.

You should note that if your plan does not include Canada-wide calling, both incoming and outgoing calls may incur additional long-distance (LD) charges. It's helpful to differentiate between incoming and outgoing calls.

Your incoming local calling area (LCA) is based on the geographical location that is associated with your number. It has nothing to do with your own physical location at the time you receive a call. On the other hand, your outgoing LCA is determined entirely by your physical location at the time of a call, and has no ties to any specific geographical location, other than the one in which you're standing.

Receiving calls while outside of your incoming LCA is considered LD. Making calls while roaming can either be local or LD, depending on whether the call destinations are within or outside of your outgoing LCA.

Province-wide calling would be similar, however, the LCAs would be larger (ie Province-wide). If your plan includes Canada-wide calling, then LCAs are not really relevent.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Cherryl23
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have canada wide calling.
And I’m pretty sure I didn’t make that long distance call

Hey Cherryl23! 

Welcome to the Community! 

First off, I wanted to assure you that we only bill you for what you use. 

Were you billed for Canadian long distance or for international long distance?

Have you downloaded your full bill? You will be able to find all the details of the charge and the number that was dialed on the PDF version of your bill. You can download the PDF version from My Account on Fido.ca. Just click on Save/Print this Bill on the right side of the bill overview page.