Fido over charges data and billing

SOLVED
Jodes1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Although I spoke to a second girl today who was helpful. I will say this. Fido is getting out of hand with their pricing and mix ups and communication. I have myself and my parents on my fido account. My mom and I just got two new iPhone 6 a month ago. After having to speak to a supervisor in order to get what we we're entitled to, I find myself so angry AGAIN with them that I just want to leave them. But we all sign the stupid contract so even threatening to leave doesn't benefit me because either way I have to pay something so it doesn't effect my credit. ANYWAYS after speaking to the superviser I had asked him to tell me what my full balance was so I could pay it and start at a zero balance with the new phones which we got for 0 dollars. Get my bill a month later and it's somehow 790$ like really!!!!! How does it go from me only owing 126$ to 790$ in one month. Even taking into account the admin fee of 15 dollars and new plan prices. It doesn't even add up to 1/4 of that. I'm still dealing with it as I have another superviser calling me in the next 48 hours. Here's hoping. ALSO they now charge $5 for every 100mb of extra data used. ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!? So for my next problem. Is I apparently went over 3gb of data which has magically in their favour added up to 79$ with tax, I never use my data (very little anyways as I use wifi 90% of the time) to which I find out that their are these hidden settings that most don't know about that affect the amount MY of data used even when your one wifi and think your not using data. (They blame apple for this) one of these settings is "wifi assist" I'm sorry but to be charged and additional 79$ a month for something I couldn't control as I was not told about these things and wifi assist was just one of them is NOT ok. It literally feels like all cellphone companies are taking people for a ride. Multimillion dollar company feels the need to mess up bills all the time and refuse to fix the issue. I could keep go Bf as I am very angry. But will stop as I am hoping they can fix my bill to something that makes sense. 790$ in one month is not ok. Fido you guys really need to help your clients more when things go wrong on your end. And one last thing although I had a girl help to a point today who was very friendly the one I spoke to earlier in the day was very rude to the point I asked her to speak to a supervisor and she wouldn't pass me on she kept saying that the supervisor isn't goin g to do anything for you they will not help you. After 7 yes 7 times of demanding to speak to a superviser she finally transferred me. At which point I was not able to speak to due to the long wait. I just want to say that when someone is calling for a complaint and you work in the customer service department then you should probably chose your words wisely. Here is hoping that a supervisor can help me in 48 to solve at least some of this issue!

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido over charges data and billing

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community @Jodes1

We can understand your frustration in regards of receiving a higher invoice. It's important to note that if there's data over usage, you will naturally be billed for it. We mention our data over usage rates when you select the plan and offer other options such as data top up in case you need more data during that cycle. You can learn more about this here. There's also several ways to track your usage such as the Fido MyAccount App. Smiley

It's sad to hear your last call was not a positive one. Please keep in mind, we need to schedule call backs as supervisor may not be able to take the call in time. I hope this clarifies everything. 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Jodes1

We can understand your frustration in regards of receiving a higher invoice. It's important to note that if there's data over usage, you will naturally be billed for it. We mention our data over usage rates when you select the plan and offer other options such as data top up in case you need more data during that cycle. You can learn more about this here. There's also several ways to track your usage such as the Fido MyAccount App. Smiley

It's sad to hear your last call was not a positive one. Please keep in mind, we need to schedule call backs as supervisor may not be able to take the call in time. I hope this clarifies everything. 

Jodes1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Yes this is what I am waiting for is a call back. That I understand. I also know how to check my data usage however that doesn't explain or solve the issue unfortunately, like I said there are hiding settings that people like myself never knew about that is affecting the data usage! As for my bill this I hope will be fixed when I talk to the call back supervisor. The whole thing is unfortunate. It's something that always happens to people whether they are with fido or not. All cellphone companies are the same. Some just worst then others.
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Jodes1

We appreciate you sharing your experience and feedback. It will definitely help us improve our services. Keep us posted on the situation, and don't hesitate to reach out if we can help you with anything!