Fido not working with my unlocked Telus iPhone 8 Plus

SOLVED
atomicbobomb
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey all!

My iPhone was working just fine up until I switched over to Fido today. I have tried everything and have spoken to countless Fido agents over the internet chat support (this phone is the only one I have). Their solution was to "call in" so it can be escalated. Telus told me that my phone won't work with Fido, but Fido says that my phone should work on their network. It is unlocked and is not blacklisted.

I was wondering if anyone else has had run into this issue and has been able to get it working?

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido not working with my unlocked Telus iPhone 8 Plus

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Atomicbobomb,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, both Telus and Fido use the same Canadian version if the iPhone 8 Plus (A1897) so it should have the proper compatible bands/frequencies (see here).

When you inserted the Fido SIM, had you updated the carrier settings for the phone? If not, you would have to download the carrier settings for Fido before you'll be able to use the phone. You can see how to update your carrier settings here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Atomicbobomb,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, both Telus and Fido use the same Canadian version if the iPhone 8 Plus (A1897) so it should have the proper compatible bands/frequencies (see here).

When you inserted the Fido SIM, had you updated the carrier settings for the phone? If not, you would have to download the carrier settings for Fido before you'll be able to use the phone. You can see how to update your carrier settings here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers