Fido never sends text refunds, right?

SOLVED
Hedgie
I'm a Participant Level 1

Just a question I thought I'd toss out here, just in case anyone else wonders -

I know Fido sends out text messages regarding things such as, if you go over your data limit, you can increase the limit or turn off your data for the month. But I AM correct in assuming that they never send out messages about refunds, right? I've been getting a lot of messages about depositing a "refund" within 24 hours, and every time I block the number, I get a message from "Fido" from a different number about the same thing. 

So I am blocking a lot of numbers and pretty sure Fido doesn't give out random refunds, and if they did, they'd only do it through an official letter or email, correct? They wouldn't send a simple e-Transfer text message, right?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido never sends text refunds, right?

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Hedgie,

Welcome to the community!

You are correct. Those texts are SPAM. As far as I am aware, Fido will not send any texts from a regular phone number -- the legitimate texts are sent from short codes. You can also copy and forward the messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here).

**edit** With regard to any refunds, they would be credited directly to your account**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Hedgie,

Welcome to the community!

You are correct. Those texts are SPAM. As far as I am aware, Fido will not send any texts from a regular phone number -- the legitimate texts are sent from short codes. You can also copy and forward the messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here).

**edit** With regard to any refunds, they would be credited directly to your account**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers