Fido is just ridiculous.

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Fido is just ridiculous.

Fido is just ridiculous.

melodys67
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido is just ridiculous.

I can't describe how infuriated I am right now for the customer service I had with Fido lately. 

At the end of June 2016, I renewed my Fido agreement with LG G5. They shipped me the phone and it had a battery problem so they sent me a replacement. After I received the replacement, I returned the defective phone. However, the replacement was ALSO defective; it kept saying to "use the provided charger" when I was using the charger that came with the phone. Fido told me they would send me a second replacement. After opening up the second replacement, I found out that this phone doesn't turn on even though I tried charging it for a couple of hours. So, the next day, I sent both phones to Fido in a different package, because the return label had a limited weight that can hold. I sent both of them at the same time of the same day, and UPS website says they got delivered at the same time.

However, Fido is telling me that they only received ONE of the two phones. Now, they're telling me that they cannot send me another replacement until other one is processed. This is ridiculous. One of them told me that because I returned the phone before getting the replacement, the process got complicated. BUT, another person said to return both phones first, and then I would be able to get the replacement. 

I haven't had a single working phone from Fido since I renewed my agreement and I'm still waiting. It's not my fault that Fido don't do their job properly and didn't process the phone I returned. Why do I have to have bad experiences because of Fido? 

What is more even ridiculous is that every person working for Fido says the different things. One person told me that the exchange phone can be sent because at least one of the two phones was received, but other person says no.

I'm sick and tired of dealing with Fido customer service. It's ridiculous that customer service keeps saying that they have no contact with the back office. So in a case like this, Fido customers are just supposed to sit around with no phone and wait until the back office processes it, without knowing how long it will take? Honestly, I feel like I deserve to get compensated for all the trouble they caused me.

Fido has to step up and contact the back office in situations like this. They can't just back off and say they have no contact with the back office. Who knows how much more I have to wait until I get my replacement? It's beyond the level of ridiculousness that I had to pay for my monthly bill when I wasn't even able to use my phone.

4 REPLIES 4
melodys67

This is the post I posted a few days ago: 

"I can't describe how infuriated I am right now for the customer service I had with Fido lately. 

At the end of June 2016, I renewed my Fido agreement with LG G5. They shipped me the phone and it had a battery problem so they sent me a replacement. After I received the replacement, I returned the defective phone. However, the replacement was ALSO defective; it kept saying to "use the provided charger" when I was using the charger that came with the phone. Fido told me they would send me a second replacement. After opening up the second replacement, I found out that this phone doesn't turn on even though I tried charging it for a couple of hours. So, the next day, I sent both phones to Fido in a different package, because the return label had a limited weight that can hold. I sent both of them at the same time of the same day, and UPS website says they got delivered at the same time.

However, Fido is telling me that they only received ONE of the two phones. Now, they're telling me that they cannot send me another replacement until other one is processed. This is ridiculous. One of them told me that because I returned the phone before getting the replacement, the process got complicated. BUT, another person said to return both phones first, and then I would be able to get the replacement. 

I haven't had a single working phone from Fido since I renewed my agreement and I'm still waiting. It's not my fault that Fido don't do their job properly and didn't process the phone I returned. Why do I have to have bad experiences because of Fido? 

What is more even ridiculous is that every person working for Fido says the different things. One person told me that the exchange phone can be sent because at least one of the two phones was received, but other person says no.

I'm sick and tired of dealing with Fido customer service. It's ridiculous that customer service keeps saying that they have no contact with the back office. So in a case like this, Fido customers are just supposed to sit around with no phone and wait until the back office processes it, without knowing how long it will take? Honestly, I feel like I deserve to get compensated for all the trouble they caused me.

Fido has to step up and contact the back office in situations like this. They can't just back off and say they have no contact with the back office. Who knows how much more I have to wait until I get my replacement? It's beyond the level of ridiculousness that I had to pay for my monthly bill when I wasn't even able to use my phone."

They opened up an investigation to find one of the two phones they didn't process. I called Fido today and they said that the return process could take 10-15 more days and there is nothing they can do anymore except to just wait. So I asked him if I'm just supposed to sit around and wait 2 weeks more without a phone, and he said I can pay the phone at full price and get refunded if the return process goes through. I said I would think about it because what if Fido just claims they didn't receive the second phone and charge me twice? What happens if Fido can't find the phone? I get charged? I did everything right on my part to use the prepaid label provided by Fido to return the devices, and why do I have to wait so long? And how come one of the two phones was already processed but one still hasn't if I returned both of them at the same time of the same day? This is getting more ridiculous everyday. Can't they use the UPS tracking number to work backwards and try to match a package with the corresponding tracking number? Fido is really bad at handling situations like these.

Hey @melodys67.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation and there's some delays whenever a return is processed. If you need help with your account, please reply to our PM so we can check out your account. Thanks! Smiley

melodys67

@FidoTerry I didn't get any PM!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @melodys67 & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to read that you haven't had a working phone since you've renewed your agreement. Sad I can definitely understand how frustrating it could be, on top of getting the run around.

That said, I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account.

Talk to you soon. Smiley