Fido is Bloody Greedy for $$!

SOLVED
adamnor
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am new custermor ported from chatr, 4 months fido custermor now, Fido is charging me 1800, 1888 numbers, they promised me also CanadaWide unlimited call the reason i ported from Chatr but it turns out i cant even call Toronto to Oshawa and Fido refused to resolve the issue to get what they offered,  also this months fido have charged me absurd $1 late payment even though i paid my bill same same day i got the bill, i dont let nobody treat me a like this and get bunch of sorries and delibrate inconviniences, if my issues are not resolved i will sue FIDO to Ontario Superior Court for $20Millions for consumer violation and expose your wrong doings.

Disgruntled Customer!

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido is Bloody Greedy for $$!

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Adamnor,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your frustration, however, making absurd suit claims is not helpful.

What plan do you have? Is it a pre-paid plan or a post-paid plan?

@adamnor wrote:

... i cant even call Toronto to Oshawa ...

What do you mean by that statement? Are you actually unable to make the call or do you get charged for airtime for the call or do you also get charged long distance for the call?

Most of Fido's plans include Canada-wide calling. However, some of the pre-paid plans only include local calling minutes. Additionally, while many of the plans do have unlimited calling, some of them do not.

@adamnor wrote:

... Fido is charging me 1800, 1888 numbers...

Again, what do you mean by that statement? Are they charging you additional fees for calling those numbers or are they charging you airtime?

Toll free numbers simply means that there are no long distance charges associated with the calls. Airtime will always apply when calling any toll free numbers (see here). It's the same with any of the mobile providers. The only way to not incur airtime charges is to call them from landlines.

You should also be aware that some toll free numbers may include long distance charges when you are roaming outside of Canada (not included in Fido Roam or Travel packs) (see full details here and here).

With regards to the late payment charge, are you aware that depending on your method of payment, it may take a couple of days for the payment to be received by Fido (see here). I understand in this case you paid the bill the same day you got the bill. It's possible the system has mistakenly charged you late payments (see here).

Your best option would be to send a moderator a PM so they may look further into your account. Alternatively, you may contact Fido customer service via one of the other methods listed here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Adamnor,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your frustration, however, making absurd suit claims is not helpful.

What plan do you have? Is it a pre-paid plan or a post-paid plan?

@adamnor wrote:

... i cant even call Toronto to Oshawa ...

What do you mean by that statement? Are you actually unable to make the call or do you get charged for airtime for the call or do you also get charged long distance for the call?

Most of Fido's plans include Canada-wide calling. However, some of the pre-paid plans only include local calling minutes. Additionally, while many of the plans do have unlimited calling, some of them do not.

@adamnor wrote:

... Fido is charging me 1800, 1888 numbers...

Again, what do you mean by that statement? Are they charging you additional fees for calling those numbers or are they charging you airtime?

Toll free numbers simply means that there are no long distance charges associated with the calls. Airtime will always apply when calling any toll free numbers (see here). It's the same with any of the mobile providers. The only way to not incur airtime charges is to call them from landlines.

You should also be aware that some toll free numbers may include long distance charges when you are roaming outside of Canada (not included in Fido Roam or Travel packs) (see full details here and here).

With regards to the late payment charge, are you aware that depending on your method of payment, it may take a couple of days for the payment to be received by Fido (see here). I understand in this case you paid the bill the same day you got the bill. It's possible the system has mistakenly charged you late payments (see here).

Your best option would be to send a moderator a PM so they may look further into your account. Alternatively, you may contact Fido customer service via one of the other methods listed here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hi there @adamnor

Thanks for having reached out to our Community.

We're definitely here to help in any way we can!

I'll be sending you a PM so we can discuss this further.