Fido hub not authenticating

SOLVED
Hskdian
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi, I just changed my plan to a pulse plan but fidohub won't authenticate me to access the spotify premium.

I have accessed fidohub before to get daily vice, but I couldn't access it today. I keep sending new codes by resend or opening browsers on PC chrome, PC edge or phone chrome. None of the codes worked.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido hub not authenticating

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey Hskdian!

That's right! Smiley

You have to be on the Fido network to complete the activation of Spotify and Daily Vice through Fidohub.ca. If you're on Wifi, we can't recognize your number.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
SarahSweitzer
I'm a Participant Level 3

Im connected to my data network as well as a fido wireless connection currently and my spotify still wont enter, same issue as above

Hi there SarahSweitzer

Welcome to the Community! 

Could you turn your WiFi off and try again? Let us know if that worked Smiley 

Hskdian
I'm a Participant Level 2

I did some digging in the threads, and apparently being on the fido network is helpful. Once i moved out of home wifi and started using the Fido network, the fido app took care of the rest and linked with spotify.

Hey ginibajwa!

That means that you need to be using data on our network, not Wifi for the activation to work.

If you're on Wifi, then your phone is not accessing data through our network as the Wifi network takes precedence for data over your network connection. 

Hope this helps! 

Hey Hskdian!

That's right! Smiley

You have to be on the Fido network to complete the activation of Spotify and Daily Vice through Fidohub.ca. If you're on Wifi, we can't recognize your number.

ginibajwa
I'm a Participant Level 1

what do you mean by fido network. is my phone not connected to network while I am connected to Wifi? or do you mean fido hotspot?