Fido dollars

I'm a Participant Level 1 AngiCyCay
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido dollars

Hey. I'm new to this and I'm sure it's already been discussed...but I'm very angry with not being able to purchase items for new phones or tablets that I have with Fido. I have been saving all my Fido dollars and wants to purchase a case for 2 tablets and and iPhone 5s. It's completely stupid that they can only be use to purchase travel packs and new phones. I already have the new phone from yous. I should be able to either purchase items or use my Fido money to pay towards my easy pay instead of just completely loosing them all

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Re: Fido dollars

Hi @AngiCyCay & welcome to the Community!

FidoDOLLARS can only be used towards the purchase of a phone, SIM card, travel pack, or certain add-ons.

In regards to them being applied to your Easy Pay balance, your FidoDOLLARS could have been applied at purchase as a voluntary down payment. When was your tablet purchased?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
MVP
MVP

@FidoMaria wrote:

Hi @AngiCyCay & welcome to the Community!

FidoDOLLARS can only be used towards the purchase of a phone, SIM card, travel pack, or certain add-ons.

In regards to them being applied to your Easy Pay balance, your FidoDOLLARS could have been applied at purchase as a voluntary down payment. When was your tablet purchased?

Hello FidoMaria,

Just to clarify, can Fido dollars still be used to purchase SIM cards? That option is no longer listed on the website (see here).

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6

Hey there! 

FidoDOLLARS can be used to purchase a SIM card. However this type of order would have to be shipped to you, this cannot be done in stores. 

I hope this helps clarify. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
I'm a Participant Level 2 jolene138
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello. Can you use fido dollars to purchase a tablet? Also when you buy a tablet are you obligateted to sign up for a data plan?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6

Hey @jolene138!

FidoDOLLARS can be used towards the purchase of a Tablet. Smiley 

A data plan is required if you want to benefit from our Easy Pay system, you can read more about how this works right here!

In most cases a tablet can be purchased at full price with no term and no data plan.

However keep in mind that certain promotional offers are only available when taking a data plan.  

I hope this was helpful.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6