Fido dollars

Fido dollars

Fido dollars

SOLVED
dayu
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido dollars

I am now using a orepaid service, i.e. $100 for 12 months.

Since Fido dollar will expired soon, can I buy, say $20 dollar airtime using my Fido dollar? If I do so, the Fido dollar and my current prepaid balance will be combined. How will you handle this situation? My $20 Fido dollar will be expired in one month? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido dollars

Solved by Fido Employee AdamBeast

Hi dayu, 

Airtime vouchers are available for purchase with FidoDOLLARS in the following denominations: $5, $10, $15 and $20. And your FidoDOLLARS must cover the entire amount (value + applicable taxes). 

i.e. you can buy and refill $20 voucher with $22.6 FidoDOLLARS if you live in Ontario. 

The airtime will combine with your current balance, it will be applied within 48 hours and your airtime expiration time will be extended for 30 days (as of the date it’s applied) if current expiration date is under 30 days.  

You can contact our customer service for this transaction. 

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
AdamBeast
Fido Employee

Hi dayu, 

Airtime vouchers are available for purchase with FidoDOLLARS in the following denominations: $5, $10, $15 and $20. And your FidoDOLLARS must cover the entire amount (value + applicable taxes). 

i.e. you can buy and refill $20 voucher with $22.6 FidoDOLLARS if you live in Ontario. 

The airtime will combine with your current balance, it will be applied within 48 hours and your airtime expiration time will be extended for 30 days (as of the date it’s applied) if current expiration date is under 30 days.  

You can contact our customer service for this transaction. 

dayu

Thanks for the answer.

In my case, my current balance is ~$80 dollar which will expire in July. If I purchase $20 more using my FidoDollar I will have $110. How will the expiration will be handled? Thanks.

@dayu wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

In my case, my current balance is ~$80 dollar which will expire in July. If I purchase $20 more using my FidoDollar I will have $110. How will the expiration will be handled? Thanks.

If it is prepaid account, your balance will be 100$, and your expiration time won't change, it will still end on July. 

dayu

Thanks. Now it is clear.

Yes I am using a prepaid service.

dayu

Sorry for the typo. I meant the new balance will be $100.

Are using a postpaid plan? 

Only prepaid account can buy voucher to refill with fidodollar, and all prepaid account fidodollar will be expired on Jan-31-2016. 

If you are using postpaid plan, then the fido cannot be use to buy voucher since there is no voucher for postpaid account. 

You can find more info about postpaid account fidodollar here: 

http://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/fido-dollars