Fido dollars being phased out

SOLVED
m_magdy
I'm a Participant Level 1

I bought my Fido line On July 2013 and i never changed my plan. I never used any of my Fido dollars as i was saving them to buy a new phone. I know you guys phased out this program for pre-paid but i'm post paid!!

I have no access to my dollars now and i'm very frustrated Sad

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido dollars being phased out

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAlyson

Hey @m_magdy

Some people do not see their FidoDOLLARS balance on the January invoice but it doesn't mean you've lost them Smiley

As a postpaid account, you can find all you need to know about your FidoDOLLARS over here

You'll see your balance on the next invoice for sure! 

If you want us to have a look, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter.

View solution in context
23 REPLIES 23
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

You should have access to your FidoDollars at least until July 6, 2016. If you are still on a contract with that plan, you'll have them until July 6, 2018.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @m_magdy

Some people do not see their FidoDOLLARS balance on the January invoice but it doesn't mean you've lost them Smiley

As a postpaid account, you can find all you need to know about your FidoDOLLARS over here

You'll see your balance on the next invoice for sure! 

If you want us to have a look, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter.

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

My 2 year agreement ends July 17, 2016. I am currently on the grandfathered $39 Smart Plan that earn FidoDollars. When do my accumulated FidoDollars expire?

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@nick67 wrote:

My 2 year agreement ends July 17, 2016. I am currently on the grandfathered $39 Smart Plan that earn FidoDollars. When do my accumulated FidoDollars expire?

I beleive the relevant (for you) part would be:

"If, on April 6, 2016, you subscribe to a plan on a term agreement that earns FidoDOLLARS, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of the end of your current term. You’ll be able to redeem your accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance under the program until July 6, 2018."

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Thank you ZYX, your answer was much more helpful Smiley

howardsiu
I'm Helpful Level 2

I do not know Fido Dollar is going away @@" I did not get any notification at all...

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Check either your latest invoice or your next one.

AdamPolly
I'm a Participant Level 2

I just found out about the Fido dollars is being cancelled, so I really don't know what I can do with the Fido dollars I have. My husband and I share the same account, so how long do I have until my Fido dollars is gone?

Hey AdamPolly and welcome to the Community Smiley

You can find all the details about the update on the Fidorewards here.

Hope this helps.

Madd138ump

I just wanted to express my disappointment, like others on this chat, about the fido dollars program being discontinued and fido not providing its customers with reasonable options for cashing in their fido dollars.  I do not need a new phone, I have the add ons I need and am not planning on leaving the country anytime soon.  Because of this, I lose my dollars that I have invested in continuing to be a fido customer.  This is fido's way of shafting the customers that pay it's bills.  Boo to fido.

dlr

I would also like to express my disappointment about the Fido dollars program being discontinued and Fido not coming up with some new ideas for using up their Fido dollars.  I do not need a new phone (as I bought a new phone outside of Fido), I have the add ons I need and the travel packs are very costly (better to get a sim card for the country you are visiting).  I will lose all the Fido dollars that I have earned over the past six years or so by remaining a Fido customer.  Fido could come up with ideas like being able to use the remaining dollars for accessories - we could use up some or all of our dollars and be happy Fido customers.

zbigbig
I'm a Participant Level 2

another way to rip us off, bravo fido.

Edo42
I'm a Participant Level 3

I only found out about the Fido Dollars being phased out recently. I usually pay my bill from the phone App and there is no indication there about the rewards program being discontinued.

I have zero interest in Spotify or Daily Vice. I would like a new phone but not if this means I must resubscribe to a more expensive monthly plan. I don't feel particularly appreciated as a long time Fido customer since before year 2000.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Edo42 & welcome to the Community!

We definitely don't want you to think that we don't appreciate you. Sad We're simply refocusing our efforts on creating value for our customers as participation in the FidoREWARDS program has been going down.

The information regarding the phase out of FidoDOLLARS was available on our website as of December 2015. In regards to getting a new phone, you can use your FidoDOLLARS towards the purchase of a phone at full price; no need to take a new agreement with a plan you don't want!

Let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley

Edo42

Thank you for your reply. I am feeling a little more appreciated. I visited one of your locations and used my Fido Dollars on the LG G Pad III tablet and so far am very happy with this new tablet. It replaces a Nexus 7 which has become quite unusable since they pushed out the Lollypop update. Nice to only pay the difference after tax when my dollars were applied. I was surprised that you don't allow someone to purchase a device outright without subscribing to some sort of plan so I took the minimum data plan to meet your requirements as he said I am free to cancel it any time. The rep also told me I may be able to get the $25 HUP fee removed since I am not really upgrading my current phone. I've still to call about this. Removing this fee would make me an even happier customer especially seeing as I've been with Fido since the early dog days. I'd be estatic if I could remove the built-in Office Apps to free up about 630mb in space and some of the other burned in applications. I don't see a tablet as a content creation device. Not yet anyway. Nice to have choice.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Edo42!

Happy to hear that. Smiley Thanks for the update!

Did you activate a new line with a data only plan when you got your tablet or did you purchase it as an upgrade on your existing line?

If you took a new line, the $25 Hardware Upgrade fee wouldn't apply.

Let us know!

Edo42

I activated it under a new line with a separate data plan.

I will try to contact someone by phone tomorrow regarding the HUP charge if I can get some free time during the working day. I'm not sure if there is any online option to deal with this.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

If you activated a new line, you would not have been charged the $25 Hardware Upgrade fee. 

We can send you a PM shortly to check your account to be sure. 

cliff
I'm Helpful Level 2

So once Fido removes our Fido dollars it will give us more incentive as customers to switch to other carriers who are offering better plans and better devices.

Agree or disagree?

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey @cliff

I moved your message since we already had a similar thread. As mentioned previously, we want to give our customers instant perks such as Spotify, Daily Vice and Fido Roam.