Fido dollars and Fido Roam

myrajade
I'm a Participant Level 3

Given the new changes to the roaming options, I see that the international travel packs are no longer an option if you are on a Fido Pulse plan. If you are in a covered area, then you are automatically put on a Fido Roam option (of $10 a day). But I can't find info anywhere about whether I can pay for this ad- on roaming with my Fido dollars, as this is what I was going to use them for when I go abroad this summer. It seems really sneaky to not offer the travel packs as an option and to force us into the Fido roam option, if we cannot use accumulated dollars to pay for this?

Thanks...

3 REPLIES 3
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @myrajade , 

Thanks for your input! 

We hear you, it's not cool that you can't use your FidoDOLLARS™ to pay for this, especially since you were saving them up. You have to admit that the rates are much better Tongue .  It might end up allowing you to use more services for less! 

Where will you be travelling? 

asdfqwerzxcv
I'm a Participant Level 1

I'm in the same boat as myrajade. Is there any way to use my fidodollars on Fido Roam? The fidodollars expire in a couple months so I'd like to get something out of them before then.

myrajade
I'm a Participant Level 3

I will be travelling to France.

And sure, the rates are better, but obviously if I had the choice of using $75 dollars of accumulated money (i.e. I pay nothing) on my vacation plan rather than paying an extra $100+ on my bill, I would choose option A since I have used my Fido dollars for exactly that option in the past. Fido also is the only big carrier that no longer offers Blackberry's (which are the phones I want), and so since I can't get the phone I want, nor am I able to spend the credit I have earned through loyalty to Fido, it starts to make Fido seem a lot less interesting to me as a carrier.

Fido seems to be trying to explain their policy changes as being 'better for the clients' but with each change that occurs, the clients options diminish and therefore we end up feeling forced into things we never signed up for.

Reading all of the other customers complaints on these issues I at least realize I am not alone in my frustration. And quite honestly, I have been a loyal Fido customer for over 10 years now. I stayed because prices were great and Fido rewarded loyalty, but the price differences across other carriers are not so vast now.

Thank for your time.