Fido dollar for a LTE micro sim card??

SOLVED
thisismereally
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello, I was wondering if it is ""still"" available for me to redeem my fido dollar for a LTE micro sim card??

The reason why i quto "still" is because I called fido 611 on Thursday afternoon and spoke to a customer service about redeem my fido dollar for an LTE micro sim card. I was told and advice it is more convenience for me if I just drop by the fido store and redeem for one.

So today Friday at 7:30pm, I walked 30 mins in the cold night to the nearest fido store at 6464 yonge st. try to get one, but  I was told by the staff Allan "there's no way you can use fido dollar to redeem a sim card, you should call 611 again." and he walked away.

Ok, so I quickly call 611 and waited 20 mins for the available agent to answer the call, and how surprised I was, "Sorry, you can only use fido dollar to redeem phones and add-ons." There I walked another 30 mins back home in the cold night speechlessly.

Did the policy just changed overnight or something? Just a day ago I was told Yes I could do it, and the next day it is No? Please advise.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido dollar for a LTE micro sim card??

Solved by Community Manager

Hi thisismereally,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

FidoDOLLARS™ may be used towards certain SIM cards only via customer service. It is not possible to redeem them towards the cost of a SIM card in stores. At present, Micro LTE SIM cards are not available through customer service, which would explain why they were unable to send you one. 

Hopefully you were able to purchase one in the store when you went, and I'm glad that they were able to compensate you.

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
Pentiumvi
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hello,

Can someone confirm whether it is STILL possible to purcahse a LTE micro SIM using Fido Dollars?

The last CS I spoke to when I dailed *611 told me it wasn't possible. He even spoke to his supervisor.

Thank you,

Alex

thisismereally

I called 611 today Saturday noon and spoke to Mandy, first she told me yes I can redeem my fido dollar to get a sim card but I can “only do it in the store and if they don’t know how to do it there, I can call back 611 for instructions.” Then I explained what happened on Friday night and told her that I would like to do it over the phone rather going through the hassle again.

She put me on hold and came back later “ I’m sorry that you have been misinformed, It is not possible to redeem fido dollar for a sim card” !!!!!  

OK,,,  so why was I told “ Yes, just go to the store?” If I took your advice and go back to the store I’m just wasting time then.

At the end she was instructed by the supervisor to give me a $10 credit on my account so I can just go to the store and buy one myself.

Hi thisismereally,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

FidoDOLLARS™ may be used towards certain SIM cards only via customer service. It is not possible to redeem them towards the cost of a SIM card in stores. At present, Micro LTE SIM cards are not available through customer service, which would explain why they were unable to send you one. 

Hopefully you were able to purchase one in the store when you went, and I'm glad that they were able to compensate you.

Kaitain
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I recently ordered a Micro SIM from Fido, and received it, and it works, but...how can I tell if it was an LTE Micro Sim? The card itself does not mention LTE.

Thanks in advance.

@ Pentiumvi: Yes, if you get the SIM card via 611, we can use your FidoDOLLARS™ to pay for it Smiley

@ Kaitain: If you are unsure whether your SIM card is LTE or not, you can contact us via chat, e-mail or phone and we'll be able to tell you Smiley

thisismereally

Hi,

I just want to know if it is still possible to redeem your Fido dollar for a sim card.

Thanks

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Yes - I just did a few days ago. I did not go to a store - I had it sent by mail (UPS) after talking straight with Fido.

thisismereally

Hi, how did you obtained your sim with fido dollars? 611?

I have called 611 on Monday and spoke to a lady customer service rep, and she said you can not redeem your fido dollar for sim card but the add on services only.

Good morning thisismereally!

Sorry for the confusion. zyx is right Smiley You can use your Fidodollars towards a SIM card if you order it through customer service (via live chat, call, Facebook/twitter). If you go in store though, they won't be able to use your Fidodollars. 

I'll send you a PM so we can order one for you Smiley