Fido data bytes

Fido data bytes

Fido data bytes

SOLVED
blessed
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido data bytes

Whenever I use my free data bytes it's still being deducted from my data when I check my settings. If it's free then why is it still using my data ?

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido data bytes

Solved by Former Moderator FidoSamantha

Hey @blessed

Welcome to the community Very_Happy 

It's normal for it to show that data is used when you look at your phone settings; reason being that Data bytes use the same network as your regular data usage! In other words, your phone won't recognize the difference between your regular usage and Data Bytes. 

That's where the Fido My Account app comes in! You can check out your Data Bytes usage directly on our app! Tap on the Data Bytes banner and it'll bring you to the active Data Bytes page where you can view your usage.

Hope this helps Smiley 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey @blessed

Welcome to the community Very_Happy 

It's normal for it to show that data is used when you look at your phone settings; reason being that Data bytes use the same network as your regular data usage! In other words, your phone won't recognize the difference between your regular usage and Data Bytes. 

That's where the Fido My Account app comes in! You can check out your Data Bytes usage directly on our app! Tap on the Data Bytes banner and it'll bring you to the active Data Bytes page where you can view your usage.

Hope this helps Smiley