Fido.ca & pop-up blocker

Fido.ca & pop-up blocker

Fido.ca & pop-up blocker

euser_name
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Fido.ca & pop-up blocker

Serviously... popups for the login? Who approved this failure of a design? Now I can't even log in to my account without having to turn off standard popup blocking and ad blocker. #Fail #YoureFired

8 REPLIES 8
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @euser_name!

Did you try to allow pop ups for Fido.ca, that's a common feature with any good pop-up blocker. You should be able to add our website to your green list!

That simple step, would fix your problem Wink

AlamyLiu
I'm a Participant Level 2

The Login pop-up window didn't show up, even unblock it (from all, from Fido, ...etc).

Guess the Firewall or Router (that I don't have control) had disabled some potential virus attack that the login script is using.

And I could login from the old page, but still unable to browse "My Account" as it seems to associated with the pop-up login function.

No worries! We are virus-free!

Can you confirm which browser you are using?

STang
I'm a Participant Level 3

I am also having this problem. I am using Firefox (tried all recent versions), and all of my add-ons are disabled. I have also disabled the built-in pop-up blocker. And javascript is enabled.  All that I can see when I click on "my account" is the picture of the people making stupid faces with the dog, but no login box appears.

Sure, I can log in using Chrome, but I shouldn't have to. No other site requires me to switch browsers, or worse still, water down my security settings to allow an awkward and non-standard login procedure. There is something wrong with the site that is preventing Firefox from seeing that pop-up. And why is a pop-up being used anyway?

Please fix this ASAP.

Hey @STang

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We have a team working on getting everything to run as smoothly as possible with our website. I'll be sure to forward this information to the right people for you. 

Sequoyah

The only way I can get the login to work on Firefox is to set  "Accept third-party cookies" to "Always".  Why do I have to do this? I prefer to keep my settings as they are and not have to remember to revert back just so that I can log in to one site. Come on Fido get your act together on this one.

gmsfido
I'm a Participant Level 1

I also have this problem (using Firefox). The above workaround works for me, but I am not prepared to leave my security reduced like this. I don't understand why Fido does not fix this.

Sequoyah

The same applies in Chrome.