Fido.ca Upgrade Device - Pricing Options

SOLVED
nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Currently, when I log into Fido.ca My Account and click on Upgrade Device, it tells I am "on no term Plus10 plan" and only displays 1 price plan option per phone (e.g. Plus 20 only). Usually displays the highest priced plan to get the phone for $0.

I feel all price options should be displayed (no term, Plus10, Plus 15, etc) for each phone AS WELL AS if I keep my current grandfathered plan what my new handset price would be. I personally don't want to call customer support or post on the community forum each time I am curious how much, for example, the iPhone SE is that day. Do you call Walmart each week if you want to know how much Cheerios cereal is or if it's on sale, of course not.

Also, now that Fido has implemented a $15 Transaction Fee for retail and what I assume for phone channel upgrades, our request to upgrade to a new device and keep our grandfathered plan is simply not possible. Thus forcing us to visit a retail shop or phone channel to complete our device upgrade and resulting $15 fee now.

Just some feedback. Thanks for listening Smiley

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido.ca Upgrade Device - Pricing Options

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Thanks @nick67 , we'll take care of forwarding your feedback.

The pricing depends on the plan you have, if your grandfathered plan is now considered a Plus10 , the device is $349 . Keep in mind that this price can change at anytime. 

Don't hesitate if you have other questions Wink .

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoJessica
Former Moderator

Hey @nick67!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us some feedback! It's always greatly appreciated! You mentioned that you're on a grandfathered plan, we can always take a look into your account once you're ready to see if it's worth it for you to keep your plan and pay a little bit more for the phone initially or change your plan.

Let us know Smiley

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Thanks for your prompt reply...I think you are missing the point. For anyone looking to upgrade to a new device with a grandfathered cannot do so via Fido.ca My Account. Thus forcing us to call phone support or visit a retail store. This should be flagged and forwarded to the department responsible for online handset upgrades.

While I've got you...what is the current pricing for the iPhone SE for existing customers?

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Thanks @nick67 , we'll take care of forwarding your feedback.

The pricing depends on the plan you have, if your grandfathered plan is now considered a Plus10 , the device is $349 . Keep in mind that this price can change at anytime. 

Don't hesitate if you have other questions Wink .

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

UPDATE:

Firefox was the culprit. Thanks to @FidoTerry, I tried a different web browser (Internet Explorer) then I could then see all my plan options as well as upgrading my device with my existing grandfathered plan. Now the upgrade process is flawless!