Fido app for iPhone tells me I need to use the MyRogers app. I am not a Rogers customer.

Fido app for iPhone tells me I need to use the MyRogers app. I am not a Rogers customer.

SOLVED
ef4
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I sent in an App Store review but I thought I'd post here too.

The Fido app is borked. For some reason when I re-logged in to see my billing details it would try to authenticate via TouchID, but then would fail, and then would ask for my password. After typing in my password, I could log in. But every single time I tried to log in, it would first try to authenticate via TouchID every time and then would fail every time.

So then I just deleted the app and reinstalled it. But now I can't log in at all. It will show me my usage details like data remaining, but if I try to log in to see my account and billing info for my primary line or my secondary line, it won't allow me to complete the log in. The only options it gives me are to go to the App Store to download the Rogers app, or else just cancel the attempted login. It says it's because my email is associated with a Rogers profile. I have NEVER ever been a Rogers Wireless customer. I have been a Rogers Cable customer in the past, but that was over a year ago and I currently have no active Rogers accounts.

However, if I use that same email address to log in on my computer through a web browser, it works just fine.

BTW, when my Fido app was working (albeit with that TouchID issue), it would always have the wrong reset date for the billing cycle. The listed reset date would always be late by about 2-3 days. Always. OTOH, it recently started to correctly list my $60 10 GB plan from December 2017 as a 10 GB BYOP Pulse Plan with 10 GB data, whereas if I log in on my computer, it shows the plan as a 5 GB BYOP Pulse Plan with 5 GB data even though it shows a 10 GB data usage bucket available.

I will say though both login methods used to say 5 GB / 5 GB. But then it was corrected recently with the Fido app login and not corrected through the browser login.

tl;dr:

Fido app data is not sync'd with what is available through my computer log in. The Fido lists the wrong date for the billing cycle reset, and the computer login still lists the wrong name and description for my plan.

After I re-installed the Fido app, it thinks I'm a Rogers customer and won't let me log in, even though the account info I am using works fine on my computer.

Accepted Solution

Re: Login issue on FIDO app on iphone

Solved by Moderator

Hey,

I just wanted to let everyone know that our technical support has identified the root cause of this glitch and are working on a resolution as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, please use your mobile browser or desktop to login to your My Account on fido.ca directly.

Your understanding and patience is appreciated Smiley

View solution in context
25 REPLIES 25
ef4

BTW, a little off topic, but I'll post it here anyway.

I was looking through the App Store reviews. It was good to see that there was somebody responding to the complaints in the reviews. However, one of the common responses was to contact them via facebook or twitter.

Well, neither I nor anyone else in my household uses facebook or twitter. I understand that facebook and twitter are commonly used, but they're proprietary social media platforms and not as common as stuff like email. I always find it a bit annoying when listed contact options are limited to facebook and twitter.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @ef4!

Was this happening while you were connected to WiFi or cellular data? And do you have a Fido phone or an unlocked phone?

Let me know. Smiley

ef4

Thanks for the response.

I'm on a factory-unlocked iPhone 7 Plus (bought from Apple), and this was when I was on Fido cellular (LTE). It says Fido on the top left of the phone, and I have never in my life had a Rogers Wireless account AFAIK. I have had Rogers Cable TV though, but I cancelled that a year ago.

BTW, I just tried it again right now (on LTE) and this is the exact message below. The first two sentences are the message, and the last two are the two clickable options I have. There is no "Continue to login to Fido" option.

Are You a Rogers Customer?

Looks like your profile is connected to a Rogers account. Please open your MyRogers App or download it from the app store.

Go to your app store

Cancel

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Are you using the same email address that you had used previously for your Rogers account? If you are, could you give it a try with a new email address and let us know if the same thing happens?

ef4

@FidoAmandaN wrote:

Are you using the same email address that you had used previously for your Rogers account? If you are, could you give it a try with a new email address and let us know if the same thing happens?

Yes it's the same email I had on Rogers (although as mentioned I never had a Rogers Wireless account). It's a good idea to try changing the email, but I would like to keep this email, as it is my primary email address.

Somebody from here has escalated the issue. Hopefully somebody can resolve this.

FidoPamela
Former Moderator

We'll get back to you as soon as we have an update Smiley 

Magicra1
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the same issue since I updated the app, I reported it and got a case number with a promise that someone will call me back but nothing happened until now. 

ef4

@Magicra1 wrote:

I have the same issue since I updated the app, I reported it and got a case number with a promise that someone will call me back but nothing happened until now. 

At least we know we are not alone...

Hi @Magicra1 & welcome to the Community!

When was the case opened?

Magicra1

On Monday or Tuesday morning, I have a case #

ef4

Still not working. I still can't log in via my iPhone app.

Also, I just noticed I wouldn't even be able to reset the password if I wanted to either. Clicking "Forgot your password?" in a web browser does nothing. I've tried both a 10.13 Mac and a Windows 10 PC, and multiple browsers. Clicking that link doesn't do anything for me.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@ef4 Did you have a chance to answer our last PM?

ef4

Answered just now.

By the way, the private messaging system doesn’t like quoted messages. It states there is unallowed HTML, I guess within the quote. 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Thanks for the heads up! We'll check it out.  

We replied to your PM as well. 

chiragbl

Hi,

I am a customer with both Fido and Rogers. I use same email id for both accounts to log in.

I have no issue to login on the web for both accounts. But, whenever, I try to log in on Fido app on my iPhone, I see pop up message showing that "Are you a Rogers Customer?   Looks like your profile is connected to a Rogers account. Please open your MyRogers App or download it from the app store." only two option to choose" Go to your app store" or " Cancel".

No issue on Rogers app.

Hey @chiragbl

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your message here since it's related. Smiley

We'll also need a bit more info, is it an unlocked phone? Did you have access to the Fido App before that?

Let us know

Thanks @chiragbl!

Sending you a PM to take a closer look Smiley

Hey,

I just wanted to let everyone know that our technical support has identified the root cause of this glitch and are working on a resolution as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, please use your mobile browser or desktop to login to your My Account on fido.ca directly.

Your understanding and patience is appreciated Smiley

ef4

For the record, this is still not fixed. I haven't been able to log in on my phone since January.

Here's hoping for a fix by the end of Q1 2018.

Hey @ef4,

I assure you that we're working on a fix as fast as we can. We'll make sure to update the thread once we have a resolution.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter Smiley