Fido account reset after transfer of responsibility

SOLVED
Joellau
I'm a Participant Level 2

Background: I've been with Fido and is the primary user of the account and number for almost 7 years now. When k registered for Fido, I just moved to Canada not too long ago, and was still considered a minor. So, my dad had to register the account under his name and authorize me as the user.
As I am entering the workforce, I decided to do a transfer of responsibility, because it is more beneficial for the name display to have my name when calling.

Apparently, after the transfer of responsibility, my account will be considered a new account. This was not brought up to me during the process. As such, I am no longer considered a long-time customer, since my account is only a day old now. I am not qualified for any loyalty or retention plans, even though in reality I've been with Fido for nearly 7 years.
This is quite a deal breaker for me, and I was wondering is there anyway to correct this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido account reset after transfer of responsibility

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey @Joellau!

Welcome to the Community! 

In the books, we've never had you as a customer, you were the user of a line owned by your father, the account holder.

If you get a line due to a transfer of responsibility you are not eligible to the offers that would be available to a long-time customer because it's technically the first time we have you has an account holder.

The only thing I can suggest would be to reverse the transfer of responsibility.

Let me know if you would like to do that, I'll send you a PM. 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @Joellau!

Welcome to the Community! 

In the books, we've never had you as a customer, you were the user of a line owned by your father, the account holder.

If you get a line due to a transfer of responsibility you are not eligible to the offers that would be available to a long-time customer because it's technically the first time we have you has an account holder.

The only thing I can suggest would be to reverse the transfer of responsibility.

Let me know if you would like to do that, I'll send you a PM. 

Joellau
I'm a Participant Level 2

Yes, I'd like to go ahead and do this please.

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes Smiley