Fido Trade? Staff they couldn't do it and I should sell the phone on Kijiji?

ccurran
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I went to my local Fido location today - my father wants to upgrade his phone and trade in his old phone to take advantage of the Fido Trade program. He and I are both current Fido customers.

When he inquired about the Fido Trade program, the sales person said she had never done it in the two years she worked there, so she didn't think she could do it for him.  She said most people don't trade in their old phones so she couldn't do it.  What kind of service is that???  She then asked someone else for help they told us that he should sell it on Kijijii instead because they didn't know how to login to the Fido system to do it.  The original sales person who was helping us went off on another sale, so we were told by yet another staff person that maybe we could walk around the mall for a bit and come back later and someone could maybe help us then.

Again, what kind of service is Fido providing here? It was a very bad experience - very unprofessional and it's difficult to have any confidence in your staff when they handle situations this way.

Is there some other way we can find out if he can renew his contract and also trade in his old phone when he gets his new phone?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey ccurran,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sorry you did not have the experience you deserve in store. Note that not every Fido store does the FidoTrade anymore, you can find the list over  here .

That said, I would really like to look into this for you.

I'm going to send you a private message so get started. Talk to you soon Smiley

ccurran
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Thanks for such a quick reply!

I wasn't aware that not all locations do the Fido Trade anymore. And, it looks like the location I went to today isn't on the list of Fido Trade locations . . . but if they could have told me that instead of the complete trainwreck that happened, it would have been ok. *That* would have been much better, professional customer service.

I look forward to your private message.

Thanks again.

I sent you the private message Smiley 

We'll get to the bottom of this!