Fido T.O.R

Fido T.O.R

Fido T.O.R

SOLVED
FidoUser69
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido T.O.R

Hi so I just added a 4th line to my account two days ago, so after adding the line, I came across someone who is willing to transfer over their plan to me, and I am willing to take it since its such a great deal compared to mine! So basically my question is, if he transfer overs it to me, will I be able to retain the current phone number I have on my 4th line? Thanks Guys

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido T.O.R

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRachel

Hey @FidoUser69, if you transfer a line to your account, the phone number will follow. We can't transfer the plan onto your line, a transfer of responsibility (TOR) implies that you're taking ownership of the line including the phone number, services and agreement. 

hope it answers your question!

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @FidoUser69, if you transfer a line to your account, the phone number will follow. We can't transfer the plan onto your line, a transfer of responsibility (TOR) implies that you're taking ownership of the line including the phone number, services and agreement. 

hope it answers your question!

He can cancle the line that he do not want then Fido can recapture the number immediately and apply it to the plan he is taking over.

Actually, what KAPABLE-K is replying is not possible unfortunately.

Once a number is cancelled it is not available immediately for use.  There is a mandatory waiting period before the number can be used again.  This is why during a port request it is important to not actually cancel the number.

So to confirm, if a user cancels a phone number, Fido CANNOT use that number immediately nor can Fido GIVE that number to someone immediately afterwards.