I know I shouldn't have, but I bought a refurbished iPhone 6s from Groupon this month.
I took out my Fido SIM from my old phone, and placed it into the refurbished iPhone 6s. It said that it's searching for the Fido network but no matter what I did, it didn't work.
I thought that it was just the issue with the refurbished phone.
However, when I placed the Fido SIM back into my old phone, the Fido network is now searching as well.
Could anyone help me? Thank you in advance.
Thanks for reaching out
I can understand your concern regarding this.
Rest assured, we will get to the bottom of it.
To better assist you, I would need to ask you a few questions:
1. What is the model of your old phone?
2. Is the new phone an unlocked device?
3. Did you try turning the phone off and back on?
4. Did you try selecting the network manually in your old or new phone?
Let me know!
Did you figure this out?
We also suggest these steps, they should get it to work:
On your iPhone
1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for available software. (Perform the update if available)
2. ``Reset Network Settings`` on the device. (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
If this does not work
3. Backup and Restore via iTunes as this points to a software problem
4. If this doesn`t resolve things then please refer to Apple for further troubleshooting
Hope this helps and keep us posted!