Fido Roaming Options

Fido Roaming Options

Fido Roaming Options

SOLVED
E-Man
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Fido Roaming Options

Hi,

This new thread is meant to be used as a main ROAMING thread to discuss Fido Roaming options/packs available to Fido customers, and get the attention of Fido decision-makers in an effort to create a positive change that is desperately required in this area.

Currently, as of April 2016, there are absolutely no usable/reasonable roaming options available to Fido customers, with only gouging laughable options available such as:

* Travel Packs having low number of allowable minutes and data limits for high prices. (Ex: USA: 100min & 500MB, $80/month)

* Extremely/Astronomically high pay-per-use talk and data rates (USA: $1.45/min, $.75/SMS, $8/each 50MB! or $20/1G)

In contrast to the above Fido Roaming fees which are simply suffocating and undoubtedly very unfair, Fido’s parent company Rogers Communications has completely opened the door and given its customers a reasonable generous option entitled "Roam like its Home" which allows for UNLIMITED Roaming usage including LTE data for only $5/day, and up to a maximum of $50 per month. Thus far Fido has chosen not to introduce this or other reasonable options, and there is currently speculation that his is being done on purpose to encourage customers to leave its discount brand.

Also in contrast, even much smaller carriers such as Wind Mobile have $15/month add-ons which feature UNLIMITED talk and data (up to 1G of 3G)!

Why is Fido purposely neglecting its customer base? I would like your feedback as to why you feel this is being done. What are Rogers’ benefits of choking the child company Fido in this area and at the same time allowing its customers to benefit freely?

My story: I am a loyal Fido customer paying way over $100/month and I feel like I am being laughed at by what Fido has to offer, even compared to its own sister company (which use the exact same towers) Rogers has to offer which is "Roam like its Home" for UNLIMITED Roaming usage for only $5/day, and up to a maximum of $50 per month.

Fido, can you please provide an ACCEPTABLE response that outlines an actual timeline for this along with approximate metric details of a cost we Fido customers can expect? There are many people out there who are contemplating switching carriers due to this limitation. At this point, I am 

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Roaming Options

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 2

@E-Man, looks like you got your wish! Smiley

Fido Roam $5/day (US) and $10/day (international)

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
TinT
I'm a Participant Level 1

This plan is ridiculous. I recently travelled and because I crossed over my billing cycle the plan would have cost me 50% more. When I spoke to customer service they 

"allowed me this one time" to top out the plan. They suggested " next time when you are planning your trip to keep your billing cycle in mind" that is laughable. 

MaxineKL

I agree - so when I roam, whether to the US or farther afield, I do virtually all my phoning back to Canada and much of my internal phoning where I am - using VOIP (In my case, Skype-to-phone, for which I pay $3/mo Cad for unlimited US and Canadian calls from anywhere) - and do this only when I have wifi access (only once I bought the 50 mbytes of data for $7.99 when I had an hour-long conference call from a train without wifi - and it worked fine, but I wouldn't want to do it often).

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

TinT

yes I agree with you it sucks on crossing the billing cycel the plan is reset. but I know this in advance of my upcoming trip in October. Therefore I'm considering to use FidoRoam or other service.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@E-Man, looks like you got your wish! Smiley

Fido Roam $5/day (US) and $10/day (international)

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey everyone, 

Just a heads up, something awesome is coming... 

Check it out 

It's here! Click here to get all the details on Fido Roam.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @E-Man!

Thank you for your feedback. We're always on the lookout for opportunities to improve our services, and do our best to offer affordable options for our customers; I'll make sure to forward your feedback to the appropriate team.

That said, I'd suggest that you keep an eye out on Fido.ca for any changes.

Cheers! Smiley

E-Man

@FidoMaria,

Thanks for replying to me. Not to be rude, but during your "lookout for opportunities to improve your services" in order to "offer affordable options for your customers", did you or your team not discover any desprately needed room for improvement in these from my post above:
* Travel Packs having low number of allowable minutes and data limits for high prices. (Ex: USA: 100min & 500MB, $80/month)
* Extremely/Astronomically high pay-per-use talk and data rates (USA: $1.45/min, $.75/SMS, $8/each 50MB! or $20/1G)

Fido/Rogers should be ashamed of themselves for allowing these to exist - it is basically disrespect to all customers. IT IS "PRICE GOUGING" in its most basic definition which is in fact unethical. Do you not agree?

Also, you had advised me to keep an eye out on Fido.ca for changes, but this has been the status-quo for years now and there is no change. As such, "keeping an eye out on Fido.ca for any changes" seems like its telling me to go away since the probablity of change happening is slim to none.

You have said that you would make sure to forward my feedback to the appropriate team - what Ticket # can I reference in regards to this matter?

Thanks again, and sorry if my post comes off as rude.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @E-Man!

No ticket number is provided since it's internal feedback. We'll update the Community as we get more info.

E-Man

Hello @FidoMaria,

Can you please provide a timeline as to when we can expect to hear back to the internal feedback?

I just wanted to establish some sort of metrics for when I (we) can expect to receive information on this pressing issue. A week? A month? Years?

This will help us manage the progression of a resolution.

Hey @E-Man

We really wish we could provide you with a timeline for this; though we don't have one available just yet. 

We will definitely keep our customers in the loop the moment we get some updates. Smiley