Fido Roam

Fido Roam

Fido Roam

SOLVED
Vacf
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido Roam

Hi,

Once the program is implemented how would the Fido Roam program work?  Would I have to call into Fido to enroll and then call back to stop it or is it as simple as once I'm in another country traveling the program just starts to work and then upon my return it stops?  

Thanks for the help.

*Edited to add label

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Roam

Solved by MVP MVP

@Vacf you just need to turn on roaming on your phone and thats it also you will need to be on a pulse plan.

"Now, Fido Roam will make it easy for Fido Pulse plan jetsetters to keep their social feeds up to date – they just need to turn roaming on and go. For customers that plan on taking an extended soul-searching trip, Fido will only charge them for a max of 10 days per monthly bill, per zone.  This means up to 21 days of Fido Roam with no extra roaming charges in that month. Customers will receive a text message as soon as they connect to a partner network, but will only pay for Fido Roam on days when they use their phone in the U.S. or internationally. Customers will only be charged a maximum of $50 (in the U.S.) and $100 (internationally) for roaming on any given monthly bill."

Full details here.

*Edited title

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
ananix
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello, so i talked to customer service today to ask about the travel packs because I'm traveling to the Philippines in January, and the website says this country is not covered. the fido customer service on the phone says Philippines is actually covered. Is it really? Just wanted to make sure. Thanks

@ananix Travel packs for the Philippines is covered under Zone 3. Click on the link "Click here for the applicable Destinations for ZONE 3>" and you will see all the countries.

Edit: Fido Roam is no available but Travel Packs are available so the agent was correct.

PULSE PLAN ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES

AfghanistanAzerbaijanBahrainBelize
BhutanBruneiCook IslandsEast Timor
Falkland IslandsFijiGeorgiaGuam
IndonesiaIraqJordanKazakhstan
KuwaitKyrgyz RepublicLaosMacau
MalaysiaMaldivesMongoliaNauru
NepalNew CaledoniaNorth KoreaNorthern Mariana Islands
OmanPalestinePapua New GuineaPhilippines
QatarSamoaSaudi ArabiaSingapore
TajikistanThailandTongaTurkmenistan
United Arab EmiratesUzbekistanVanuatuVietnam
Yemen   

NON-PULSE PLAN ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES

AfghanistanAnguillaAntigua & BarbudaArgentina
ArubaAustraliaAzerbaijanBahamas
BahrainBangladeshBarbadosBelize
BermudaBhutanBoliviaBonaire
BrazilBruneiCambodiaCayman Islands
ChileChinaColombiaCook Islands
Costa RicaCuracaoDominicaDominican Republic
East TimorEcuadorEl SalvadorFalkland Islands
FijiFrench GuyanaGalapagos IslandsGeorgia
GrenadaGuadeloupeGuamGuatemala
GuyanaHaitiHondurasHong Kong
IndiaIndonesiaIraqIsrael
JamaicaJapanJordanKazakhstan
KuwaitKyrgyz RepublicLaosMacau
MalaysiaMaldivesMartiniqueMexico
MongoliaMontserratNauruNepal
New CaledoniaNew ZealandNicaraguaNorth Korea
Northern Mariana IslandsOmanPakistanPalestine
PanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeru
PhilippinesQatarRussiaSaba
SamoaSaudi ArabiaSingaporeSouth Korea
Sri LankaSt. BarthelemySt. EustatiusSt. Kitts & Nevis
St. LuciaSt. MaartenSt. MartinSt. Vincent & the Grenadines
SurinameTaiwanTajikistanThailand
TongaTrinidad and TobagoTurkmenistanTurks & Caicos
United Arab EmiratesUruguayVanuatuVenezuela
VietnamVirgin Islands (British)Yemen

mwhui
I'm a Participant Level 1

so does it mean that I can travel to multi-countries (as long as within the zone) consecutively and only be charged to maximum 10 days at $10/day?

Example:  I'm going to travel to Japan, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong for a total of 3 weeks, Fido Roam will only charge me for $10/day x 10 days maximum for the entire trip as long as it's within the one fido billing cycle?

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @mwhui!

That's correct! As long as you're within the same zone Fido Roam charges you up to 10 days per billing cycle and the rest is covered on us! Smiley 

In this case all of the destinations you mentioned are included in the zone of Asia. 

I hope this information was helpful. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Vacf you just need to turn on roaming on your phone and thats it also you will need to be on a pulse plan.

"Now, Fido Roam will make it easy for Fido Pulse plan jetsetters to keep their social feeds up to date – they just need to turn roaming on and go. For customers that plan on taking an extended soul-searching trip, Fido will only charge them for a max of 10 days per monthly bill, per zone.  This means up to 21 days of Fido Roam with no extra roaming charges in that month. Customers will receive a text message as soon as they connect to a partner network, but will only pay for Fido Roam on days when they use their phone in the U.S. or internationally. Customers will only be charged a maximum of $50 (in the U.S.) and $100 (internationally) for roaming on any given monthly bill."

Full details here.

*Edited title

Hey @Vacf

You can find more info on our latest blog here!