Fido Roam - Thumbs Down

Fido Roam - Thumbs Down

Fido Roam - Thumbs Down

SOLVED
KB1974
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido Roam - Thumbs Down

Hi Fido,

This is an attempt at some constructive feedback. I like you guys because you usualy offer flexibility in your packages and options. This time I am sincerely disappointed.

I am heading off to visit family, travelling internationally for 10 days but I need to be available for work calls while on vacation. It used to be that one could opt for levels of text/talk and or text/talk and data but Fido Roam (if one is 'eligible' - you make that seem like a good thing) eliminates those choices.

I now face the $10/day roaming charge, even if I only recieve or make a single call in a 24 hour period because of the terms of this travel plan.

Not cool, Fido, not cool.

You need to do better than this.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Roam - Thumbs Down

Solved by Moderator

Hi @KB1974!

The overall feedback on Fido Roam has been amazing. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't suit your needs at this time. 

You have the option of removing it and paying the pay-per-use rates instead. To clarify, when you opt out of Fido Roam rates, you can no longer buy Travel Packs or other roaming options in destinations that are covered by Fido Roam; you will be billed at pay-per-use rates for using your phone. 

That said, I will be sure to pass your comments along.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

New plans might not always benefit every single users, in your case it seems Fido Roam does not have the 'value' as your previous option.  For myself it worked great, is it my lowest priced option? No. but Fido Roam does gives me the convience that I am willing to pay a few dollors more per day.

Your orginal post mention you used it for business... in that case just think of it as the cost of doing business.

to be constructive...there is really no other way since it is your business, if you only travel 10 days that is the max amount Fido charges you per billing cycle, if you have gone for 20days fido still charges you 10 days worth.

How about turn on your phone every 2-3days? your business phone will proboly leave you a voice mail, activate your phone every 3 days, read the voice mails, and call back.

Have your clients call you through internet phone such as Whatapp? you can swap sim cards and still keep your canadian phone number in your phone app. just make sure you have data connection while on your trip.

is your business not worth the $10/day investment to recieve/make calls?

FidoFaiza

Hi @KB1974!

The overall feedback on Fido Roam has been amazing. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't suit your needs at this time. 

You have the option of removing it and paying the pay-per-use rates instead. To clarify, when you opt out of Fido Roam rates, you can no longer buy Travel Packs or other roaming options in destinations that are covered by Fido Roam; you will be billed at pay-per-use rates for using your phone. 

That said, I will be sure to pass your comments along.