Fido Prepaid - Auto Refill Recurring & expiry dates

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido Prepaid - Auto Refill Recurring & expiry dates

Hi,

I was wondering if recurring auto refills for By the Month/By the Year Prepaid plans extend the prepaid airtime expiry date. From what I understand from the Fido Auto Refill documentation, a By the Year plan will be charged the yearly $100 fee directly to the credit card on the Periodic debit date instead of refilling airtime balance and debiting it from the airtime balance. However, does this mean that the expiry date would not be extended due to system not refilling airtime and just charging the fee directly?

Recurring option: if you have a By the Month, By the Year plan or monthly add-on, Auto Refill will charge your credit card automatically for each one on its due date.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Prepaid - Auto Refill Recurring & expiry dates

@Jayowend wrote:

(...) However, does this mean that the expiry date would not be extended due to system not refilling airtime and just charging the fee directly? (...)

Correct. Your plan or add-on is paid straight from your credit card. No refills are actually made. I'd suggest you add the Low Balance option to ensure your airtime is refilled and extended as well.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
Solution

Re: Fido Prepaid - Auto Refill Recurring & expiry dates

@Jayowend wrote:

(...) However, does this mean that the expiry date would not be extended due to system not refilling airtime and just charging the fee directly? (...)

Correct. Your plan or add-on is paid straight from your credit card. No refills are actually made. I'd suggest you add the Low Balance option to ensure your airtime is refilled and extended as well.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2