Fido Myaccount is now working on Chrome

HandyAndy
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello everyone,

I, like many Fido customers, have been frustrated that it's difficult to log into Myaccount using the leading global web browser, Google's Chrome.

I had a spare five minutes today to look at the browser settings and discovered the following: there is no need to clear the cache and all the cookies from the browser to get the login screen working, contrary to what support have been advising people to do.

All that is needed is for some third party cookie sites to be allowed rather than blocked by the browser. The ones I allowed were:

[*.]fido.ca

[*.]dsply.com

[*.]stracking.rogers.com

[*.]rogers.demdex.net

I'm not sure if all of these are needed and the dsply.com entry is kind of concerning as it's a true third party site and if it's involved in controlling the pop-up login process then I'm wondering where my password is being sent?

However, in adding the above to the allowed list of cookies, the Myaccount system works fine.

In addition, WHY DIDN'T FIDO'S WEB SITE TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPOT THIS EARLIER? After all, they're in charge of the web site and presumably the roll out of the new look, so why didn't they have the five minutes I had to fix it? Really, should it take a customer to spot the problem rather than a whizz-bang-social-media-type-generation-y-overpaid-web-developer? Come on! Get you're head out of Snapchat, Facebook and Tinder and pull you're socks up!

Thanks,

A

5 REPLIES 5
FidoKenny

Hey @HandyAndy and thank you for using the Community.

Just to better understand  your issue, I would have a question for you.

Do you usually log in by using your email address or your phone number?

Let me know Smiley

HandyAndy

Hello,

Thanks for the response, I use my email address, but that's kind of irrelevant as the login popup wasn't working on Chrome so I couldn't log in anyway. The unblocked cookie sites is what enabled the popup to work.

Thanks,

A

Happy to hear that you were able to get it sorted out! Thanks for sharing how you were able to fix it! 

HandyAndy

Thanks,

Perhaps if technical support can confirm that this is a solution, you might be able to start letting affected people know that there is a way to get Chrome working without destroying all the browser cookies by clearing them all.

A

Will do @HandyAndy!

Thanks again. Very_Happy