Fido MyAccount application - new version issue

SOLVED
Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

yesterday I just updated new version of Fido Myaccount from google store for my samsung LTE core and when i open it its asking to buy data addon 1$, 5$, 10$. 

I dont have data plan but my data is ON to access myaccount usage. 

new version - asking to buy data addon (for standard plan user)

old version - work fine without asking data addon.

any fix?

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido MyAccount application - new version issue

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAlyson

Hey Bhupi,

Thanks for the update. Even though it won't use any of your data, it still needs to connect to a data plan to work.

You'll be able to open it on WiFi though.

If you need to track your usage when there's none available, simply dial *3337 from your phone Smiley

View solution in context
12 REPLIES 12
FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey Bhupi,

Are you able to access the app on Wifi?

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

yes i do if my phonne connected with wifi with my phone # and password. but if i am not in wifi range i am unable to check my usage info / bill payment. for standard plan user new my aaocunt application will not work if they not connected with WiFi? 

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey Bhupi,

Thanks for the update. Even though it won't use any of your data, it still needs to connect to a data plan to work.

You'll be able to open it on WiFi though.

If you need to track your usage when there's none available, simply dial *3337 from your phone Smiley

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

MyAccouunt application is for check usage / payment etc. why Fido myaccount application work for Smart and Max p[lan user and Standard plan user have to buy data addon? old version of myaccount work for every single fido user regardless which plan they have.  

using with WiFi - its good  to check on fido.ca on computer insted of installing application and checking usage. 

Fido MyAccount application its easy to check usage / payment anytime anywhere. now no more with new update.

thanks for alternet way to check usage.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

I'll make sure to pass your comments along to the right team Smiley

You can check the usage by dialing *3337 and check or make payments by dialing *28

Hope this helps! 

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

Thanks for alternate way . I am still waiting answer for what I asked before in my first post. 

1. Fido My Account Old version work with all plan ( standard, Smart and MAX)

2. Fido MyAccount new version - asking for Data addon for Standard plan user. 

any fix for myaccount new version work for all user as old version?

FidoAlyson : sorry i can not accept your alternet way as solution. my question is pointing only about MyAccount application and its  functionality.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

We can't guarantee that the new version of the app will be updated to work on plans with no data. If something comes up, we'll make sure to let you know Smiley 

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

Thanks for quick reply.

i will wait for answer.

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

Hello fido team

Any update ?

Why std. Plan without data user unable to access new my account application? Old version work fine with standard plan without data but new version asking to purchase data addons pass.

Hey @Bhupi and thank you for using the Community.

You are connected to WI-FI while trying to use the App, am I right?

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

no, my wifi is turnoff and data on. 

this issue happend for Standard plan without data only.

1. old my account application work and i can check my usage and pay my bill.
  2. new version of my account asking to buy data daily pass to check usage and bill payment.

Thank you for confirming @Bhupi

I will need to confirm that information with our support team.

For that, I will need to get more details from your account.

I'm sending you a PM to verify all this. Talk to you soon Smiley