Fido MyAccount App not functioning properly

NLC9
I'm a Participant Level 3

Been months myaccount apps not able to login on device. Whenver I tried to open it, it shows "apps is not design for prepaid account" 

I have 5 postpaid lines and 1 prepaid, which were able to show on myaccount apps before, but it suddenly not working anymore. No problem to login on fido.ca via browser, all informations are correct when I use fido.ca on broswer, included postpaid and prepaid info. 

11 REPLIES 11
janie1261
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have had  the same problem for months now... always paid my bill with the app. Now had to go on my computer to pay. Much more convenient with the app. PLEASE get it to work again!!!

Hi there @janie1261

Thanks for reaching out to the Fido Community Smiley 

I hear what you're saying. Could you try to uninstall the Fido app?

Once it's uninstalled, install it back & try logging in again, using your Email (as Username) and password.

Let me know how that goes!

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@NLC9 currently the my account app is only for post paid customer and not prepaid.

Confirmation from @FidoStephane post here.

NLC9

as i mentioned, I have 5 postpaid lines under my own account, and 1 prepaid line, which it shown both account when I logged in. 

Hi @NLC9,

Just to make sure, are you unable to access My Account app on your 5 postpaid lines? 

Do you get any error message when you try logging in?

NLC9

It's pop up a message, "sorry, this app is not for prepaid customer, we will help you out on fido.ca"
No matter on wifi or data network
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@NLC9 Do you get this error message on every single on of your phone numbers, or just the prepaid line?

Thanks for clarifying. Smiley

NLC9

the other postpaid lines capable to open the apps, only to check their own unbilled usage and no other details, which no requiring any password to login. 

@NLC9, that would be because those lines didn't register as the accountholder. Only the line that registers as being the accountholder gets fulls access to Fido.ca. Rest of the lines get limited access only. 

Also, as mentionned-above, My Account app is not available to prepaid accounts for now.

I hope this answers!

NLC9

I`m getting speechless. I fully understand the other sub lines able to open the apps and the reason behind it. However, my root question and problem are, I am the account holder (5postpaid + 1 prepaid), and while I am using myaccount apps to login its not open and shown that message to me. "sorry, the apps is not design for prepaid customer" 

Since the apps launch till dec 2016, I have no problem to login by using the apps. But it suddenly show that message and I no longer able to use the apps. 

Hi again, @NLC9!

Let me send you a PM to look into it.

Thanks.