Fido My Account suggestion

SOLVED
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello,

Well, I accidentally installed Lollipop and I really do not like it! But that is neither here nor there...

Previously, I was using a data monitor which had a notification indicating data used/remaining and days remaining in cycle. It also had a status bar icon with simplified information which I really liked. Long story short, the way Lollipop manages notifications now has complicated things and I have since removed the monitor.

That got me thinking though, a really useful feature for the My Account app would be a status bar icon showing remaining data and remaining days in cycle. I'm not sure of the feasibility of such a feature since, at the moment, the information in the app is not exactly real-time

Wishful thinking Smiley

Cheers

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido My Account suggestion

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Thanks for the suggestion Cawtau! They're always appreciated.

I'll pass it along! Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
AdamBeast
Fido Employee

A desktop gadget of data/minutes usage/ cycle ending date will be very helpful as well. 

And I think a gadget should be more pratical comparing to status bar notification. 

@AdamBeast wrote:

A desktop gadget of data/minutes usage/ cycle ending date will be very helpful as well. 

And I think a gadget should be more pratical comparing to status bar notification. 

Hello,

Yes, a widget would be helpful as well. I'm including this image to show that a properly functioning status bar icon can be just as practical and for me personally, it is preferred.

Data.jpg

The magnifying glass highlights the fact that the same information can also be represented in an icon. The height of the bars change as data is used and days pass. I blocked out the name of the app.

Cheers

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion Cawtau! They're always appreciated.

I'll pass it along! Smiley