Fido My Account app on Windows phones

SOLVED
nhnhnh
I'm a Participant Level 2

The Add-ons web page for Fido says that a "Fido My Account" app can be downloaded for Windows phones. I just tried searching for it, exactly as detailed on the webpage, but the Windows Phone Store reports "We couldn't find a match. Try a different spelling or search term.".

So does this app actually exist? If so, how do I obtain it?

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido My Account app on Windows phones

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 3

What to add a quick note to the post. The Fido Account app is likely to be avaliabe only on the Canadian webstore. If you set your default phone's webstore to another country you will not find the app.

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey nhnhnh,

You should be able to find the App by searching only "My Account" as it is compatible with:

• Windows Phone 8.1
  • Windows Phone 8
  • Windows Phone 7.5

If you are not able to find the App when searching for the App in the App store on the phone, you could try to Download and install the App manually from your computer here: 

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/store/app/my-account/f2cbffa7-bc56-4580-a839-21dc107660c2

Let us know if this helps.

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

What to add a quick note to the post. The Fido Account app is likely to be avaliabe only on the Canadian webstore. If you set your default phone's webstore to another country you will not find the app.

nhnhnh

Thanks AmandaN, thanks Wufai:

Between the two of you, I have the full answer.

The URL of the app in the Windows Phone Store allowed me to access the app. However the information page for the app comes up with a message saying the app is not available either because I am in the wrong country or because the app is exclusive to a different mobile carrier.

And that is indeed the case. My phone came originally from the US where it was tied to AT&T. After getting it unlocked, I have been using it with Fido but some of the phone's settings still report that it's an AT&T phone. [I suspect that it's impossible to remove that ATT setting without re-flashing the ROM memory of the phone.]

Hi nhnhnh, 

It seems that we have got the answer. Thanks for sharing your findings with us! 

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey nhnhnh,

Thanks for the feedback. The application is compatible with:

• Windows Phone 8.1

You should find it under Fido My Account.

Hope this helps Smiley

nhnhnh

Sorry but that doesn't help. As I wrote, the app does not show up in the Windows Phone App store, and my phone is running Windows 8.1.

However you did give me an idea: I tried searching for the app with an older phone which is running Windows 7.5. Searching for the app with that phone DOES find it.

So let's rephrase my question as: When will Fido upgrade their "Fido My Account" app to be available for Windows 8.1 phones?

Updates are constantly in the works. We have released the new Android version a few days ago. Stay tuned for the other OS systems. 

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

I think what nhnhnh is trying to say is that he knows the Fido app is avaliable, since he can find and download on a Windows 7.5 app store. But using the Windows 8.1 app store the app is not visible, therefore cannot download. I guess he is wondering if you can just enable the app for 8.1 ready so he is see it and download it. As he is not expecting the app would work on 8.1 without any modification.