Fido Mobile Internet Flex Data Starting at $15 for 3GB instead of 1GB

SOLVED
esfandiyar2020
I'm a Participant Level 3

I don't know why for $40 monthly postpaid internet subscription,I didn't need to pass credit check,SIN number,driving card,or the like.

Why on earth I should pass them to Fido for $15 data plan?

That is really funny/obscure! Because I told that I want to purchase for Fido LG tablet outright!

This is not the way that customers should be treated.

I am a Fido prepaid customer for over four years and suppose my credit score is below zero !!! 

Fortunately,I manage my monthly credit statments very well that have affordable credit balances,but this is not of Fido's concern.

The only acceptable way,I believe, is to provide subscribtion to this plan by only asking reall address and credit card number(They are on my Fido page as well).Nothing more,nothing less.

Really frustrated.

Any thoughts?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Mobile Internet Flex Data Starting at $15 for 3GB instead of 1GB

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey  @esfandiyar2020 , 

Thanks for reaching out, we're happy to help! 

A credit evaluation is required for any services that are not prepaid. If you want to add a data line, even if you will be purchasing the tablet outright, we need to validate whether or not you are eligible to get a line/account  and this could only be done by doing a credit evaluation. One most definitely was done if you activated Internet with Fido. The only account that doesn't require one is a prepaid account . 

Hope this helps ! 

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@esfandiyar2020 wrote:

I am a Fido prepaid customer for over four years and suppose my credit score is below zero !!! 

Fortunately,I manage my monthly credit statments very well that have affordable credit balances,but this is not of Fido's concern.

Hello Esfandiyar2020,

I'm not sure you're going to find many people who are sympathetic to your view (unless they lack or have poor credit). Do you know how credit checks work? They incorporate all of your borrowing/lending history, not just from Fido. If you manage your monthly credit card statements very well and have affordable balances, your credit score will not be below zero.

If you wish to apply for any post-paid services, how well you manage your credit (and other loans, rent, etc) is very much Fido's (or any other company's) concern. They need to know they will likely get paid for those services. Taking somebody's word they'll pay doesn't cut it. 

@esfandiyar2020 wrote:

I don't know why for $40 monthly postpaid internet subscription,I didn't need to pass credit check,SIN number,driving card,or the like.

Why on earth I should pass them to Fido for $15 data plan?

That is really funny/obscure! Because I told that I want to purchase for Fido LG tablet outright!

Why do you think you didn't need to pass a credit check for your internet subscription? Have you ever read the Authorisation portion of any such contract you sign? 

By signing below, you authorise (company) to obtain information regarding your credit history and acknowledge that (company) may provide information to others about your credit experience with (company)...

That was quoted from my service agreement, but the authorisation portion would be standard across the different companies. They may not have explicitly told you they needed a credit check, but you can be certain that one was performed. It only makes business sense to verify their potential customers are able to pay for their services.

@esfandiyar2020 wrote:

Credit check is only acceptable for those who are apllying for credit cards/increasing limits.

Again, credit checks are the only way service providers, lenders, landlords, etc can get information regarding the likelihood they will get paid or repaid. If you ever decide to purchase a car, you can expect them to check score. They're not just for credit cards; they're pretty much ubiquitous.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

esfandiyar2020

Hi MVP

Hello again,

As @zyx mentioned, I do not work for Fido. My responses were based on your initial posts regarding the limited scope credit checks. I merely wanted to illustrate that they are not just for credit cards. I glad you acknowledge that now.

For the record, I do not have internet service with Fido. The statement I quoted was from a different provider. I have been with many different providers over the years and they all have similar statements. I would be very surprised if yours doesn't have a similar clause -- you just have to find it... 

I'm glad you found a provider willing to suit your needs. However, I seriously doubt they did not perform any checks. They likely did a soft check rather than a hard check. It only makes business sense to ensure the likelihood they will get paid. 

Cheers

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

I just want to point your that Cawtau, like myself and a few others, is an MVP, which is not an employee. We share the same relationship with Fido as you do: we're clients, nothing more.

Our MVP status is only the result of being active and helpful on these forums.
esfandiyar2020

Well,thanks for replying,but it didn't help at all!

As I said earlier,I am paying almost triple of this Fido plan as postpaid monthly charge to my internet plan.

Credit check is only acceptable for those who are apllying for credit cards/increasing limits.

Hope it helps!

Hey @esfandiyar2020

Sorry to see we couldn't give you the answer you were looking for.

If you still have questions on getting a postpaid service, don't hesitate to let us know.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey  @esfandiyar2020 , 

Thanks for reaching out, we're happy to help! 

A credit evaluation is required for any services that are not prepaid. If you want to add a data line, even if you will be purchasing the tablet outright, we need to validate whether or not you are eligible to get a line/account  and this could only be done by doing a credit evaluation. One most definitely was done if you activated Internet with Fido. The only account that doesn't require one is a prepaid account . 

Hope this helps !