Fido Messed Up my Order 2 times - VERY FRUSTRATED

SOLVED
addicted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I usually never create posts but I am so frustrated with fido's service right now. 

On Nov 17, 2017 I renewd my contract and upgraded to Iphone 8+ 256gb. Later on Feb 1st, 2018 I thought that I would pay off the balance and upgrade to Iphone X 256gb in black

I went to the fido store and called Customer care as well on Feb 1, 2018 but their system would not let them do the upgrade, they told me that it was becase I was under the 90day period of a new contract. I didnt see anything of that sort on their website that would ristrict a customer to upgrade at any point on the contract.

As I was using my old phone for 2 weeks now, I called Fido on Feb 14th and the rep told me that I didnt have to wait, I was frustrated because every time I call fido I get a different response. Anyways I was glad I could place an order over the phone, I ordered an Iphone X 256GB Black

It took like 3-4 days and i got a package from UPS, super excited I opened the mail and it was a silver Iphone X 256GB, i called the customer service and reported the Issue. They apologised and said that a new phone will be sent right away and I can send the silver iphone back once I receive the correct phone. 

Fast forward another 5 days i receive the package at a ups store, I return the silver Iphone and opened the new package, and this time its an Iphone 8 256GB in black. I was so frustrated at this time. I returned that packge right away and called customer service. I told them I want to go to the nearest store and pick up the phone I wanted. She searched the location and even informed them that I will be there to pick up the iphone. When I get to the Fido Store, the store cannot issue the phone as it was an over the phone order and now the rep has sent me to a location with wrong information. 

Later that day I was on the phone with fido for an hour and I was told that they cannot send me a new phone till they receive both the phones back. Apparently they have messed my account so much that they cant fix it till the receive the phones. 

Those phones got delivered on Feb 23rd, 2018 and I am still waiting for the warehouse to recieve it. 

All I want to do was an upgrade ! 

This has been the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER !

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Messed Up my Order 2 times - VERY FRUSTRATED

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey addicted!

I know how exciting it can be waiting for a new device you ordered to come in the mail and I'm sad to see that this has happened. That's definitely not the kind of experience that we want for any of our customers. 

When it comes to upgrading your phone, unless you are purchasing a phone at full price, there is a minimum wait period of 90 days from the date of your last hardware upgrade before you can place a new upgrade. There are some situations in which exceptions can be made, but, rest assured that policies like this are only put in place to ensure the security of your account. 

In this case, a customer service rep will need to request another exchange for the correct device, however, since two devices have already been sent out, we will need to receive them back before they can proceed. Don't worry though, this will be fixed! 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

FIdo did well for sending 2 expensive iphones to you, even though both of them were mis-picks.  Most place I know will not release the 2nd order until the first item has been returned.  In other words, most company will not send the 2nd order  until the first order have been successfully returned. Be happy for that.  Had it be that Fido got the 2nd shipment correct, you will be on the hook for 2 iphone X until you send one of them back which is something they are trying to avoid.

When you call Fido on Feb 1, it was within the 90 day window for device upgrade.  When you called on Feb 14, it was close to or past the 90 day upgrade window.  It is understadable that the response from the Fido Rep will be different.

In times like this I always  wonder why don't people just buy the phone out right in the first place and/or skip the 8 and buy the X? 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey addicted!

I know how exciting it can be waiting for a new device you ordered to come in the mail and I'm sad to see that this has happened. That's definitely not the kind of experience that we want for any of our customers. 

When it comes to upgrading your phone, unless you are purchasing a phone at full price, there is a minimum wait period of 90 days from the date of your last hardware upgrade before you can place a new upgrade. There are some situations in which exceptions can be made, but, rest assured that policies like this are only put in place to ensure the security of your account. 

In this case, a customer service rep will need to request another exchange for the correct device, however, since two devices have already been sent out, we will need to receive them back before they can proceed. Don't worry though, this will be fixed!