Fido LTE

Fido LTE

Fido LTE

SOLVED
Vacf
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido LTE

Hi 

I was given the Oneplus X as a gift and was wondering if this phone will work on the Fido network? Also will this phone be able to use Fido's LTE coverage? I appreciate the help. 

Thanks 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido LTE

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@Vacf wrote:

Hi 

I was given the Oneplus X as a gift and was wondering if this phone will work on the Fido network? Also will this phone be able to use Fido's LTE coverage? I appreciate the help. 

Thanks 

Hello Vacf,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by the specifications listed here, the phone's compatibility would depend on which version you have.

OnePlus X.jpg

Both versions would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'.

With regards to LTE, the North American version would have two of the three compatible bands/frequencies (band 4 or 1700/2100MHz & band 7 or 2600MHz) while the EU/Indian version would only have one compatible band/frequency, band 7 or 2600MHz. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While both phones would work on the LTE networks, coverage may be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. Since band 4 is the more widely used LTE band, the North American version would likely have better coverage.

There may also be additional versions of the phone with differing bands/frequencies.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Vacf wrote:

Hi 

Thanks 

Hello Vacf,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by the specifications listed here, the phone's compatibility would depend on which version you have.

OnePlus X.jpg

Both versions would have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'.

With regards to LTE, the North American version would have two of the three compatible bands/frequencies (band 4 or 1700/2100MHz & band 7 or 2600MHz) while the EU/Indian version would only have one compatible band/frequency, band 7 or 2600MHz. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While both phones would work on the LTE networks, coverage may be limited depending on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. Since band 4 is the more widely used LTE band, the North American version would likely have better coverage.

There may also be additional versions of the phone with differing bands/frequencies.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Vacf
I'm a Participant Level 3

Great! Thanks for the information.