Fido Home Phone message indicator is not working properly

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido Home Phone message indicator is not working properly

I recently got my Fido Home Phone which great because I get to keep my land line number. The set up works fine except for the voice message indicator. It does not do anything (no green light blinking) when there is a message, it starts blinking after the message is retrieved. Then the green light continues to blink and never goes away even after all messages are deleted. The only way you can get it to stop blinking is by turning the device off and on. Then the whole issue repeats.

I talked to Fido on phone and by live chat, they tried to help but nothing works. I was suggested to go back to the store there I was given a new SIM card, it didn't help. Then the store tested on a new modum, the same problem occurred.

It appears that this part of the device or modum was not tested properly before leaving the factory.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Home Phone message indicator is not working properly

Hi everyone,

The update for the WF721 is now available. This update will improve touch tone performance and address a bug with the message waiting indicator.

Click here for more info.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 54
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@ceciliawong888 I'll send you a PM to check what's going on. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 54
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thought I'd update my own WF721 saga's happy conclusion and thank all the Fido CS reps who patiently helped along the way. I hope Fido does well by these dedicated people and gives them improved tools and training to better assist them in helping Fido customers.

I initially jumped into this thread last March. I have finally been able to get an updated WF721 that resolves the message waiting indicators and the touch tone issues. It took 5 months and 3 units to get one that had the firmware update already installed. The first two would not take the update despite several attempts with Fido CS.

The only remaining issue for me is the that the number of rings before answering is not adjustable and fixed at 4 rings. That forces users who use both their phone VM and the Fido VM (as backup when on the phone, power is out, or phone VM is off) to set their phone VM to answer after 3 rings or less. A little short for most... except maybe for Usain Bolt. 

Fido CS reps were helpful and willing as usual but not always sufficiently informed or trained. It took months to get this resolved due to the multiple tries with different CS reps, re-explaining the issue and repeating the same scripted (and inadequate) troubleshooting processes before giving up and going the replacement route. 

I have no problem with Fido CS reps' willingness to help. They genuinely try very hard. However, Fido needs to keep their CS people better informed and trained. They also need to improve their remote servicing capabilities for things like firmware updates and general troubleshooting. My little WF721 adventure has cost Fido three modems and a bunch of time wasted by their CS and Tech support organizations.  Not to mention my own wasted time and frustration which wiped out a good chunk of my confidence in Fido. Not ideal for a service oriented company.

Hopefully, the recent 30% hike on the home phone monthly fee will indeed bring the quality and reliability Fido touted to justify it. Not holding my breath but would be happy to be proven wrong.

Sgt Wilko

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 54
Highlighted

Ok, so I have my new ZTE 721 and a new Panasonic 5 reciever phone system. I seem to be able to access the ZTE message center, hear messages and delete them. However, I'd like to turn the ZTE message center off and use the much better one in the Panasonic system.

It seems I read above that the only way to do this is to set the Panasonic system to pick up after 3 rings. CORRECT? Not a handy solution in our household. Any other work arounds? Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 53 of 54
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Sending you a PM now @jpennycook so we can look into this for you. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 54 of 54