Fido Home Phone message indicator is not working properly

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 ceciliawong888
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido Home Phone message indicator is not working properly

I recently got my Fido Home Phone which great because I get to keep my land line number. The set up works fine except for the voice message indicator. It does not do anything (no green light blinking) when there is a message, it starts blinking after the message is retrieved. Then the green light continues to blink and never goes away even after all messages are deleted. The only way you can get it to stop blinking is by turning the device off and on. Then the whole issue repeats.

I talked to Fido on phone and by live chat, they tried to help but nothing works. I was suggested to go back to the store there I was given a new SIM card, it didn't help. Then the store tested on a new modum, the same problem occurred.

It appears that this part of the device or modum was not tested properly before leaving the factory.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Home Phone message indicator is not working properly

Hi everyone,

The update for the WF721 is now available. This update will improve touch tone performance and address a bug with the message waiting indicator.

Click here for more info.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 54
I'm a Contributor Level 2 gcrmt
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@theperfectimage wrote:

I had Fido remove my VM purposely as I find that my Panasonic answer machine has always served me well.First Panasonic machine set for 5 rings then answer when home.When out of country I put my second Panasonic machine on 2 rings just in case that Fido somehow activates my VM option again when I am away.Find its better anyway that callers do not have to wait 5 rings to find out we are not at home.I also am playing around with WF721 and have a WF720 just in case.Good luck

I would however prefer if Fido would just get ZTE to fix the problem.  I'm surprised everyone has had this issue since November and yet no solution/correction has yet to be made.  One would expect better out of a national carrier such as Fido, especially when the parent company is Rogers Communications.  

One also has to ask, are the Rogers WHP users (and AT&T users in the USA) with the WF721 having the same issues because if so, why has ZTE not fixed the problem?  It seems to me that a company (ZTE) not willing to fix a problem is a company that should not be dealt with.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 54
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 roxypepper
I'm a Contributor Level 1

How about you replace all the defective units?? 4-5 months to fix a software or hardware preoblem is not very impressive

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 54
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Replacing the devices won't change anything since the new device will have the same issue. Were looking into this and looking for a fix as soon as possible. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 54
Highlighted

Fido has been looking into this since November as per posts?? When is it really going to be addressed??

If the unit is garbage then have it dedsigned propoerly and replace the units you have sold.

I should not have to check the vm system every hour to be sure I don't miss a message

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 54
Highlighted

Hi @roxypepper

I totally get where you're coming from! We're still working on it and we'll be sure to share any updates we get the moment we can! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 54
Highlighted

Since this seems to have been going on for months that's not very reassuring. How hard can it be to fix a software or hardware problem?
Needs more emphasis on resolving the problem.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 54
Highlighted

Solution, keep hounding Fido and ZTE until they fix the problem:

ZTE support contact:

support@ztecanada.com

1-866-644-3056

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 54
Highlighted

Another week, still no solution

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 54
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 h82lose
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the same issue Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 54
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Reptileskin
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the same problem here... got the machine a few days ago...disapointed...the Fido seller should have told me that they were have this issue with the device. Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 54