Fido Home Phone message indicator is not working properly

SOLVED
ceciliawong888
I'm a Participant Level 3

I recently got my Fido Home Phone which great because I get to keep my land line number. The set up works fine except for the voice message indicator. It does not do anything (no green light blinking) when there is a message, it starts blinking after the message is retrieved. Then the green light continues to blink and never goes away even after all messages are deleted. The only way you can get it to stop blinking is by turning the device off and on. Then the whole issue repeats.

I talked to Fido on phone and by live chat, they tried to help but nothing works. I was suggested to go back to the store there I was given a new SIM card, it didn't help. Then the store tested on a new modum, the same problem occurred.

It appears that this part of the device or modum was not tested properly before leaving the factory.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Home Phone message indicator is not working properly

Solved by Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The update for the WF721 is now available. This update will improve touch tone performance and address a bug with the message waiting indicator.

Click here for more info.

View solution in context
53 REPLIES 53
roxypepper
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Fido has been looking into this since November as per posts?? When is it really going to be addressed??

If the unit is garbage then have it dedsigned propoerly and replace the units you have sold.

I should not have to check the vm system every hour to be sure I don't miss a message

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @roxypepper

I totally get where you're coming from! We're still working on it and we'll be sure to share any updates we get the moment we can! 

SgtWilko
I'm Helpful Level 1

I have the same issue with the message indicator on the WF721 device. Furthermore, there is no stutter tone when there are mesages waiting wich means I actually have to dial into voicemail to know if I have any messages. Not good!

My dad has an older WF720 device and it does not have these issues. The message waiting indicator on his device works as expected and there is a stutter tone when you go off hook alerting you that there are messages waiting.

I definitely want a fix ASAP please.

Hey SgtWilko , 

Thanks so much for reaching out. 

As soon as a fix is out, we'll update the Community .

SgtWilko
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hello FidoRanya,

Any ETA on that fix? The problem is getting old. Its been reported back in 2015. That's an eternity in technology. Clearly, this is not a priority for Fido.

I am looking at buying a used WF720 to resolve this issue. What are my options for returning my WF721 for a refund?

Thanks.

webby
I'm a Participant Level 1

same issue with unit installed March 2016 ...

Hey @SgtWilko!

We don't have any ETA at the moment, we're waiting for updates from the team in charge of fixing that glitch with the Wireless Home Phone.

Could you confirm if your phone unit has a built-in answering machine?

Hey SgtWilko , 

Thanks so much for reaching out. 

As soon as a fix is out, we'll update the Community .

eld2
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi 2 questions Do some work or just not reported ? Do the Rodgers wf721 work ? I have had my phone about 6 months. thanks Larry
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey Larry!

The issue seems to have an impact on only some of the Wireless Home Phones. Unfortunately we cannot really comment for the Rogers home services. 

We're working hard to get it fixed for all of our customers, and will keep everyone updated once we have a solution. Smiley

ceciliawong888
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thank you for your reply. I will wait for the fix.

Your patience and understanding are appreciated @ceciliawong888 Smiley