Fido Home Phone Review

Fido Home Phone Review

Fido Home Phone Review

adeel382
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido Home Phone Review

Hi everyone, 

I am planning on switching over to Fido Home Phone service. Just wanted some feedback of your experience with using Fido Home Phone on the quality and service. 

1 REPLY 1
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

I've had that service for a year and a half now, no issue. Well, the only one would be that when I get voicemail (doesn't happen often as my phone has a built-in answering machine), my phone still claims that I have voicemail after I heard and deleted it. I have to call back again to my voicemail, which says I don't have any.

Ok, not true, I have another thing: you can't send or receive faxes. It's hardly a big thing, but since my printer has fax capability, I would have liked to have the option of using it - I did with my old provider. Not often, maybe once a year.

Also, if you look on the forums, apparently a number of clients using the newest device cannot dial phone extentions. I don't have this issue, but I also have an older reivion of the device. A fix is apparently in the works, but no one can give an ETA.

As far as call quality, I didn't hear any difference vs my previous provider - and my device sits in the basement, which is not optimal for cellular service.

I never had to call Fido about that service, it's been working from day 1. If you live in a condo where your phone doubles as your doorbell, it might not work, depending on the type of condo-doorbell you have. I guess a good way to check would be to ask management to use your cellphone as a doorbell, if only for a few minutes. If it works, I don't see why the Fido Home Phone wouldn't.

Also doesn't work with all home alarm systems.