Fido Home Phone Call Forwarding

SOLVED
RegNatarajan
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello, 

I have Fido Home Phone and it works very well.  I have turned off voicemail.  I'd like to set the no-answer-forwarding and busy-forwarding settings but the forwarding instructions for normal Fido cellular phones do not work with Fido Home Phone.  

Does anyone know how to set the forwarding settings (no-answer transfer, busy transfer, number of rings, etc.) for Fido Home Phone?

Thanks,

Reg

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Home Phone Call Forwarding

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 3 RegNatarajan

Sure, I'm happy to share the details.  Maria had to enable the $2 value pack on my Fido Home Phone to make this work.  It's a bit misleading to me, as Fido clearly states call forwarding is included in Home Phone on their website.

See Link Here

Still, I don't care about the $2/mo to make this work and it's working now so I'm happy.

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Good morning, 

Just to be certain, have you tried to first cancel the call forwarding to your voicemail by dialing #21# and then entering the codes for call forwarding? 

Please let me know and we will try and fix this with you. 

*** Edited typo ***

RegNatarajan

Well, I did try 21, but the instructions for no-answer-transfer and busy-transfer are to use 61 and 67.

If no reply *61*[10 digits]#

To deactivate: ##61#

If busy *67*[10 digits]#

To deactivate: ##67#

I tried these (and 21) with no effect on Fido Home Phone.  They work fine on my Fido cellular phone.

Hi RegNatarajan!

I'll send you a private message so we can take a closer look into this. Smiley

Talk to you soon!

RegNatarajan

This issue is totally resolved.  Thank you for your help.  I really like these new support forums, btw.

Hi there RegNatarajan!

We're glad to hear this has been resolved. 

Would you mind sharing the details as to how it was resolved? This could benefit other community members : ) 

Thanks again, and we're really happy you are enjoying our community!  

-FidoStephane

RegNatarajan

Sure, I'm happy to share the details.  Maria had to enable the $2 value pack on my Fido Home Phone to make this work.  It's a bit misleading to me, as Fido clearly states call forwarding is included in Home Phone on their website.

See Link Here

Still, I don't care about the $2/mo to make this work and it's working now so I'm happy.

Great! Thanks for sharing! 

You actually have the older $10 version of the Wireless Home Phone service, which didn't include call forwarding (hence Maria's solution to add the $2 value pack) 

The new $15 Wireless Home Phone service does indeed include call forwarding. 

Thanks again for sharing the solution with the community! 

-Stephane 

wmarv60
I'm a Participant Level 2

I started with $10 Version, now $13 ? (what do I have ?) Do I have or Can I add features , such as call forwarding etc ??

Mike

Hey @wmarv60  , 

Do you want to know what features you have with your Wireless Home Phone device?

wmarv60
I'm a Participant Level 2

Basically YES.  Cannot phone due to reno and will not work unless in window of reno room. Tower apprx 3 miles away in Selkirk

Did you try to place the handset in another room to see if the reception would improve @wmarv60  ? 

I'll send you a PM so I can tell you more about the features you have in the plan Smiley