Fido Email to Text Service and Unwanted Texts

I'm a Participant Level 3 Sustainz
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido Email to Text Service and Unwanted Texts

Have had my unique phone number for over a dozen years.  Every year or so, I'll receive a message saying 'You are currently not subscribed to the Fido E-mail to SMS service. For more information, send 'help' to 3436". Over the weekend, there was another and it turned out to be from TTC Alerts, advising on service outages. I now receive a dozen or more per hour during the course of a waking day. 

Despite requesting it numerous times, I don't want this service. I've tried without success to remove these messages at the TTC site. How do I remove them from being received.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Email to Text Service and Unwanted Texts

Hey @Sustainz

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Just to clarify, are you receving these messages as a text message or through the  Fido E-mail to SMS service ? 

You'd have to reach out to TTC to find out how to make this stop, we can't block it on our end if it's through SMS. 

If you're receiving unwanted messages from Fido though, we can definitely help! Let us know. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 9
Solution

Hey @Sustainz

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Just to clarify, are you receving these messages as a text message or through the  Fido E-mail to SMS service ? 

You'd have to reach out to TTC to find out how to make this stop, we can't block it on our end if it's through SMS. 

If you're receiving unwanted messages from Fido though, we can definitely help! Let us know. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 9

Yes Email to SMS.

After sending an 'Unsubscribe' message to the TTC@myttce-alerts.com message, another message arrived after saying the following:

"Welcome to Fido Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed; reply 'Yes' to this message to subscribe. (Envoyer Oui pour abonnement en francais)"

These messages have appeared in the past and I've called Fido to report them.  They go away for a while, then several months pass and they reappear, just as they did this weekend.

Fido cancelled email a few years ago without providing alternates for email. This has created a few headaches, including my iTunes and iCloud accounts, the latter giving me occasional prompts to log in, but won't allow me (and I can't change it through Apple). 

As I tried to explain, TTC has no way to input this type of issue on their website (have tried to post there, but it fails to post).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 9

The previous post indicated it was a solution.  This was selected in error, the problem still persists.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the clarifications, I understand a little more what's going on now! 

Did you ever try to Text  Unsubscribe to 3436 ? 

It's strange that you are receiving those notifications from TTC if technically you are not subscribed as you stated above! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 9

Have started receiving these unwanted text messages again after a four month absence. 

Number it comes from is: (305) 050-01  (305) 050-02 &  (305) 050-03 (sequenced # on the day received)

Message: Welcome to Fido Email to SMS. You have mail, but are not subscribed; reply 'Yes' to this message to subscribe. (Envoyer Oui pour abonnement en francais)

I called Fido technical support and got the runaround, having to slowly repeat the problem and message numerous times. They claimed there was nothing wrong with their system and that these messages were spam. They clearly are not as they come from a serialized number (see above)  After 16 mins on the phone, I hung up out of frustration, not knowing whether it was resolved.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 9

Hey @Sustainz

Do you know if you've ever set you number@fido.ca as a contact information to any third-party service? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 9

Yes, that was explained above with respect to the TTC, however it was resolved with them back in May. Fido told me then who was sending it. Can you not do the same now telling me who is sending it?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 9

Thank you @Sustainz

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 9