Fido Dollars

Fido Dollars

Fido Dollars

SOLVED
empty
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido Dollars

I have been with Fido for a very long time, I am currently unhappy with my Nexus 5 phone, have had problems with it since day 1. I called today knowing it was 132 bucks to upgrade my phone, I have 112 dollars in fido dollars. I was willing to extend my contract and pay the diffrence to upgrade. I was simply told I could use my fido dollars for a travel pack or add on services or a new phone but not my uprade fee. I could not use it for this transaction though. I did not ask for any discounts ect, I was suprised I could not use it, seems ridiculious and not a very good experience. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Dollars

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMegan

Hey empty! 

While they  can't be used towards your upgrade fee, here's what you can use FidoDOLLARS for:

- A new phone, tablet

- A new SIM card

- To purchase a Travel Pack 

- Towards certain add ons for a monthly trial

- To purchase prepaid airtime 

You can check out this link for more details on the FidoDOLLARS program: http://fido.ly/1TP9kmJ

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey empty! 

While they  can't be used towards your upgrade fee, here's what you can use FidoDOLLARS for:

- A new phone, tablet

- A new SIM card

- To purchase a Travel Pack 

- Towards certain add ons for a monthly trial

- To purchase prepaid airtime 

You can check out this link for more details on the FidoDOLLARS program: http://fido.ly/1TP9kmJ

Hope this helps! 

empty

thank you for telling me the exact same thing and being zero help. Use my fido dollars towards a new phone when the phone I want is 0 dollars but if the phone was 200 I could then use my fido dollars? Do you realize how insane this sounds lol

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

I'm sorry you feel that way @empty

The info @FidoMegan gave you is right; those are what you can use your FidoDOLLARS towards. I'll be sure to forward your feedback to the appropriate team.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

You could purchase the phone at full price (with your FidoDollars) and get a BYOD plan. Depending on what you pay for your current plan, you could save up in the long run.

empty

I am sorry if I came across rude I did not mean too. I just feel like there is no reason to stay loyal anymore. I am the only one in my family that has stuck with fido, everyone else switched. I understand customers can be unresonable, but I am just asking to continue with Fido and try to rectify a poor phone choice. Its hard to understand how I expressed the dislike of this phone and trying to find a solution which I have used before. SImply to be told the exact same thing from a rep that was told to me by a phone rep and which I already wrote is upsetting. I understand nothing can be done but fido dollars was the one thing that kept me here and to use them on something I do not need seems silly. I will still not undersand how fido dollars can be applied to the cost of a phone but not an upgrade fee with extending a contract on a phone that is free. Oh well just have to look all all my options.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

I get you!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your options. Talk to you soon. Smiley