Fido Dollars

Fido Dollars

Fido Dollars

SOLVED
sassysaphire
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Fido Dollars

My account says that I can no longer earn fido dollars after October 31? Why is that so? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Dollars

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMatt

Hi Sassysaphire, the Fido dolars are being phased out on prepaid service due to low participation, we want to re-focus our efforts to offer more value to our customers. 

Stay tuned for future promotions. 

View solution in context
58 REPLIES 58
Harry2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I am not impressed!  If you have decided to phase out fido dollars then more options to redeem should become available (like accessories) and customers should be able to retain their fido dollars, even though no additional accumulation takes place, untill they decide to use.  After so many years of accumulating the option to redeem for a new phone when I decide to is now gone???  At least extend to the end of the year so I can upgrade to a better phone than the iphone SE joke.  Is this how long term loyalty is repaid?

FG3
I'm a Participant Level 1

Today is January 30th 2016.  FIDO DOLLARS expire for prepaid accounts tomorrow, January 31st.  Where on the My Account website can I find the link so that I can redeem my FIDO DOLLARS account?  I tried online chat, they said they only handle monthly plans and suggested I phone 611.  I phoned 611 but there was no option to reach a person.  When I selected the FIDO DOLLARS option, it gave me my balance but did not give me any option to redeem.  I would appreciate some assistance.  Thanks.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey there!

@DineshF & @FG3

I'll look into that for you both Smiley 

You'll receive a PM in a few minutes!

gcrmt
I'm a Contributor Level 2

As a longtime customer before Fido was Fido (Microcell) I'm very angry that my Fido Dollars are going to be eliminated on July 6, 2016.  I have earned these dollars in good faith and it's wrong that Fido can just eliminate them after I have faithly continued my business with the company.  Please don't give me any BS about the pulse plan, I frankly don't really care as I'm on a grand-fathered plan.  Frankly the ability to claim them is difficult enough, and are mainly only good when upgrading to a new phone, which I am not ready for.  

If Fido truly wants to retain my business after they eliminate Fido Dollars I request that my dollars be converted dollar for dollar to a credit on my monthly bill.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey gcrmt, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

I understand your point of view, sometimes we have to make tough decisions !  Our focus is to come up with programs and services that give you immediate and meaningful benefits, the interest in FidoDOLLARS™ has gone down in the past years so we're trying to adjust with other programs.

We'd hate to see you go that's for sure , perhaps in the future some of our programs will interest you just like FidoDOLLARS™ did.

gcrmt

Again, if Fido wants to retain it's goodwill with it's longtime standing customers they should take the Fido-Dollars and convert them to real-time dollars in form of a credit to be applied directly to the next billing cycle.  By cancelling all Fido-dollars that haven't been redeemed it shows that the company doesn't care about their loyal customers.  From a PR point-of-view, it would go a long way to showing that they still care.

I don't care if Fido gets rid of the program but it shouldn't just remove any benefits gained from the perk over the years.

raz786

Is this true ???????????????? Comment please !!!!!!!!!!

Hey raz786!

It's true!

I've move your post to a different topic where you can find more details Smiley 

You can also click here to visit the dedicated page on Fido.ca.

Let me know if you have any question!

azn0richard0
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have the same issue as FG3.

Your website removed the link to redeem fido dollars...
No customer service is available to resolve my issue.
It is unreasonable that I would lose them I can redeem them today.

Hey azn0richard0,

Thanks for reaching out, we're working on our website right now, some options are not available.

I'll send you a PM to help redeem your FidoDOLLARS™ Smiley 

Cheers,

slmclay77

Where can I find out how many Fido dollars I have?
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

On your latest invoice.

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

You can also check your FidoDollars balance on the latest update to the Fido app for iOS or Android.

1. Open the Fido My Account app v2.2 or higher.

2. Choose the account you wish to view, e.g. [John Smith...905-555-5555]

3. At the bottom of the Usage Summary page, tap on "View Fido Rewards"

4. See your balance under "FidoDOLLARS Current Invoice $__.__"

stephenso

How to redeem Fido Dollars with Fido new online webpage??

We still have some Fido Dollars left to use before the phrased out date at the end of January 2016.  But where can we redeem them as we cannot find it after Fido has updated its website?
We are using prepaid service.

Thanks in advance.

Hey stephenso, 

It's currently not possible to redeem your FidoDOLLARS™ on fido.ca. We're happy to process any transactions for you though Smiley Let me know if that's the case and i'll send you a private message.

You can also reach us on Twitter or facebook Smiley

stephenso

Hi FidoChristina,

Yes.  Please kindly private message us and tell us how we can redeem our FidoDollars.

We are trying to use them for a $5 air time at the moment.

Thank you.

PM sent @stephenso

AngryUser
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I am on a monthly plan that I have not changed in the last 5 to 6 years, why did I not receive Fido Dollars on this months invoice? is it completely being phased out or not?

If yes do I need to use my fido Dollars before January 31st 2016?

stephenso

We are still trying to redeem.  Please kindly private message us and tell us how we can redeem our FidoDollars.

Thank you.

@stephenso wrote:

We are still trying to redeem.  Please kindly private message us and tell us how we can redeem our FidoDollars.

Thank you.

Hey there! We replied to your PM Smiley