Fido Dollars

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Fido Dollars

Fido Dollars

SOLVED
dolf_lundgren
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido Dollars

Just wanted to voice my opinion before my fido dollars expire on July 6, 2016. After two phone calls with Fido I have had very little success resolving my Fido dollar problem.

Being a loyal 6+ year customer with Fido approaching my third phone I was told if I can't use my Fido Dollars by the July 6th expiry date I will lose them. I was told to put towards a travel pack (will be travelling in October but this is too far in advance to add one), a new phone for myself or a family member (waiting for Iphone 7 this fall) or add-ons for my current plan (plan is already sufficiant). The least you can do is let me use them towards a bill payment or Spotify usage. I guess you'd rather lose a customer then bend a few rules. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Dollars

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @dolf_lundgren & welcome to the Community!

Rest assured that we do value your loyalty and wouldn't want to lose you as a customer. Sad 

It's however important to understand that we have policies to follow in regards to the FidoDOLLARS, and can't ''bend'' the rules for one customer and then refuse to do so for every other customer who asks for the same thing.

If you didn't have an agreement as of April 6th 2016, the FidoDOLLARS expired on July 6th at 12 AM, and it's not possible to extend this date. If you did have an agreement on April 6th 2016 and were still on a plan accumulating FidoDOLLARS, then you'd keep accumulating them until the end of your agreement, and would have until July 6th 2018 to redeem them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Fido defence would be they give us notice in advance about the end of Fido dollars. We could have never used it towards our bill before so they will not start now.

If you are in a contract before April 2016 the your Fido dollars is safe until July 2018.

Hi @dolf_lundgren & welcome to the Community!

Rest assured that we do value your loyalty and wouldn't want to lose you as a customer. Sad 

It's however important to understand that we have policies to follow in regards to the FidoDOLLARS, and can't ''bend'' the rules for one customer and then refuse to do so for every other customer who asks for the same thing.

If you didn't have an agreement as of April 6th 2016, the FidoDOLLARS expired on July 6th at 12 AM, and it's not possible to extend this date. If you did have an agreement on April 6th 2016 and were still on a plan accumulating FidoDOLLARS, then you'd keep accumulating them until the end of your agreement, and would have until July 6th 2018 to redeem them.

Let me know if you have any other questions.