Fido Dollars

Fido Dollars

Fido Dollars

SOLVED
sassysaphire
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Fido Dollars

My account says that I can no longer earn fido dollars after October 31? Why is that so? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Dollars

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMatt

Hi Sassysaphire, the Fido dolars are being phased out on prepaid service due to low participation, we want to re-focus our efforts to offer more value to our customers. 

Stay tuned for future promotions. 

View solution in context
58 REPLIES 58
superchris1987
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hey,

So am I correct in understanding, that although we can no longer see the balance ourside, if we still had Fido Dollars to use we can contact Fido directly to redeem them up until the end of Fido Dollars at the end of January?

Thanks

Hey superchris1987!

That would only apply to customers with a prepaid account. If you're on a monthly (postpaid) account on an older plan that still accumulates FidoDOLLARS, you will continue to accumulate them, and they will not expire in January. 

Hope this helps Smiley

wgm777
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I've been on the same postpaid plan since July 2013, and yet I also stopped accumulating Fido Dollars in November.

Is this correct? Will my Fido Dollars also expire on January 31? 

I'm looking to redeem my Fido Dollars, but at the moment, there is only about $49 I can use without having to spend more money.

Hey wgm777!

No worries, your FidoDOLLARS for the month of November will be added to your next invoice. 

We were aware of the situation, and it's been resolved now. 

KLEE
I'm a Participant Level 2

i am on a prepaid plan for over 15years. now i dont see the Fido Dollars on my account.

btw what can i use the Fido Dollars for

Hey KLEE.

You should be able to see how much FIdoDOLLARS you have by checking them on your account on FIdo.ca.

They can be used towards the purchase of a new device.

You can also use them for prepaid Airtime Vouchers, for $5 / $10 / $15 and $20.

Hope this helps Smiley 

michelle1trapan
I'm a Participant Level 1

I would like to know how do I redeem my fido dollars and where do I find out my balance I am a prepaid customer.

Hey michelle1trapan

Your FidoDollars should be available to see by logging into MyAccount, on Fido.ca

To find out how FidoDollars can be redeemed for Prepaid accounts, I suggest to check out the following link here: http://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/fido-dollars

1- Click on Update on Fido Programs 

2- Scroll down to For customers with Prepaid service

Hope this helps πŸ˜ƒ

Hey AndryUser,

I'll check that out for you. I'll send you a PM in just a bit!

Hey slmclay77,

Do you have a monthly or a prepaid account?

FidoMatt
Former Moderator

Hi Sassysaphire, the Fido dolars are being phased out on prepaid service due to low participation, we want to re-focus our efforts to offer more value to our customers. 

Stay tuned for future promotions. 

JJANG

Hi, I'm using two FIDO numbers, one is under the prepaid service and the other one is under the monthly plan. I know that FIDO dollars will be phased out on prepaid service, however my account under the monthly plan displays same message: I won't be able to accumulate FIDO dollars after Oct 31. 

Is that true? FIDO dollars will be phased out on monthly plan, too? My plan is from Aug of 2014.

Hey JJANG and welcome to the Community.

You're right, for a prepaid line, you won't be able to accumulate FidoDOLLARS anymore after October 31, 2015.

For  a monthy a account, it's different.

If you have a postpaid plan that was activated before April 7 2015, you can still accumulate FidoDOLLARS. However if you changed your plan, you will keep the rewards you gained  so far, but you won't accumulate them anymore.

Hope this helps Smiley

lemonade

I'm a new Fido costumer and l want to know how I earn FD l do have bring your device plan  do l earn still 

Hey lemonade, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

You will not be earning FidoDOLLARSβ„’ as a new customer but you get to benefit from other cool perks if you have one of our Pulse plans! You can click here to find out about those perks!

Hope this helps. 

**edited to correct typo**

lemonade

Sporty omg l don't like that :DπŸ˜‚

If you have other questions/comments don't hesitate @lemonade .

lemonade

Yes last question what about 34$ plan with 2 go ? L just saw that 

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

That was available only in QuΓ©bec over Black Friday weekend. Unfortunatly, it's not offered anymore.

It's the QuΓ©bec $40 BYOD plan (1GB), under promotion for $34 at the time (it had been that way for a few weeks), and Black Friday added a bonus 1GB to a few plans, including this one.

JJANG

Hi Kenny, Thanks for your answer. My monthly plan was activated from Aug of 2014, and I didn't change it. I contacted FIDO live chat team, and I heard that I will continue getting FidoDOLLARS every month.

I have another question for you. I have some FidoDOLLARS remained on my prepaid account, and I'm wondering whether it is possible to transfer it to my monthly postpaid account...

Thanks again for your help.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey JJANG,

FidoDOLLARS can't be transfered from one account to the other. You can use them with your prepaid account or they will expire at the end of January 2016!