Fido Dollars

I'm a Participant Level 2 Alison12
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido Dollars

Hello,

I would like to know why I was not informed regarding the expiration of my fido dollars. I was never notified by telephone, text or email. I have been told they never expire. This feels really discouraging as a long time customer. For someone who pays their monthly bill on time and not receive any notification. Typically one does business with others where there is trust and respect. Im not feeling like a valued, honoured, respected customer. All I ask is to be reimbursed for my fido dollars.

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Dollars

Hey @Alison12

Welcome to the community Smiley

We posted a notice about the expiry if your FidoDollars on either either your January or February 2016 invoice.  Depending on whether you had an agreement or not, you either had until July 6th 2016 or July 6th 2018 to use them.  If they were not used before this date, they were removed from the account and cannot be added back.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @Alison12

Welcome to the community Smiley

We posted a notice about the expiry if your FidoDollars on either either your January or February 2016 invoice.  Depending on whether you had an agreement or not, you either had until July 6th 2016 or July 6th 2018 to use them.  If they were not used before this date, they were removed from the account and cannot be added back.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Hello @Alison12,

Welcome to the community!

Fido did communicate their intention to end the Fido Dollars program to everyone via bill invoice in January/February 2016, the information was also posted on the website. Depending on if you had a contract it was extended to some customers until July 2018, you can get more info here.

I have been told they never expire. 

There's a difference between FidoDollars never expiring and the program ending. It was true FidoDollars did not have an expiry date as long as the program was available the FidoDollars would never expire.

The entire program simply ended and Fido did notify all their customers. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
MVP
MVP

Hello Alison12,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you were not aware that the FidoRewards program ended. 

As already mentioned, the information was provided via the invoice. You can view the that Important notice regarding discontinuation of the FidoREWARDS program in the link posted here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
I'm a Participant Level 2 Alison12
I'm a Participant Level 2

That is surprising only receive notification on invoices that fido takes away earned fido dolllars that could be used on fido services for phones or towards phone plans. Even for those like myself who were given the option to pay the monthly fee automatically. The invoices can be long and who would look through one monthly for ten years straight. If my bill.was high I would check the details, but not look through it all down to fine print. Fido has no problem sending text reminders for services etc. When it serves them. There could of been more effective ways to get the message across that fido dollars will be taken. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Moderator (inactive) FidoRanya
Moderator (inactive)

Thanks for your feedback @Alison12 .

We want to share information with our customers in the most efficient way possible, it's important to review your invoice as any changes that could impact your services will be found there. 

That being said, we'll forward your feedback to the appropriate team as we're always looking for ways to improve! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6