Fido Dollars

I'm a Participant Level 1 annoyed3
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido Dollars

Don't ever try to use these  cause they always have a reason to refuse you. Can't wait until my contract is over and i can go somewhere else:smileyfrustrated:

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Dollars

Hey there @annoyed3 and @sal_67!

You can use your FidoDOLLARS™ to purchase a phone or a SIM card, add options for a trial period (1 or 2 months) or to add travel packs. They can't be used to pay your bill or to purchase accessories, though.

That said, we definitely don't want to see you go! Let us know if you'd like to go over your options and it'll be our pleasure to send you a PM Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2 sal_67
I'm a Contributor Level 2

fido dollars became pretty useless when rogers took over. i think the only thing you could have done with them is buy a new phone

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 13
Solution

Hey there @annoyed3 and @sal_67!

You can use your FidoDOLLARS™ to purchase a phone or a SIM card, add options for a trial period (1 or 2 months) or to add travel packs. They can't be used to pay your bill or to purchase accessories, though.

That said, we definitely don't want to see you go! Let us know if you'd like to go over your options and it'll be our pleasure to send you a PM Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 13
I'm a Participant Level 2 Mettalica
I'm a Participant Level 2

what a **bleep**ing joke.

So basicly worthless

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 13
I'm a Participant Level 2 aliza

Hi,

I talked/chatted with 2 Fido agents yesterday (5/20/18) and was told by both that I can use my $52 Fido dollars for value packs. Today I was told via chat by another agent that Fido $ can only be used for a new device and that my Fido $ will expire this July. I cannot find any email or communication from Fido about restrictions on using these dollars and I just got a new Samsung A8 last April.

How can Fido not communicate this properly to customers? Even  the agents are not clear on this. The agent today said she has talked to several customers who have lost their Fido $ after saving them for many years. She suggested that I get another phone and spend an extra $83 after using my Fido $.

Can you provide your thoughts/suggestions on this? I am quite frustrated with this issue. I can provide you my cell # if needed. Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 13

Hey @aliza

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

I am sorry to see there was any kind of misunderstanding about this.

You can check out the details of how to redeem your FidoDOLLARs right from here. *( Please note that the section relating to Travel Packs is no longer valid as they are no longer available as of May 2nd, 2018) 

If you click on the section ``Get Add-ons`` it will give you more information about which add-ons can be billed towards FidoDOLLARs for one to two months. That being said, we received your PM and I'll continue with you there so we can take a closer look into this together. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 13
I'm a Participant Level 1 S5andy

I am having issues too. I want to buy a new device with my fido dollars, but the website does not let me do it unless I get into a new contract which I dont want. The chat support says they can order the phone for me, or I can go to a store or order by phone, but then I have to pay a $30 fee to do it this way. So, basically fido is forcing customers to pay a 30$ fee in other to use the remaining of the fido dollars you have in your account.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 13

Hey @S5andy

I would be happy to go over your options for your upgrade.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 13

Hi,

Can someone help me with this? I got busy and want to use my $52.49 Fido dollars. Can someone call or PM me to discuss my options? Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 13

Hey @aliza

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your options together! 

Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 13

Hi Julien,

Are you online? Can you call me today, July 6th? Thanks

Liza

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 13
I'm a Participant Level 1 gwesen

I'm very disappointed with Fido.... dollars redemption and expiry!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 13
Former Moderator FidoGabrielle
Former Moderator

Hey @aliza & @gwesen!

You still have until 12:00am today to redeem your FidoDOLLARS so make sure to contact us as quickly as possible.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 13