Fido Dollars fiasco

Fido Dollars fiasco

Fido Dollars fiasco

groovycat
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Fido Dollars fiasco

As a Fido customer since the company started as Microcel Telecommunications in Montreal I am more than a bit disappointed to find out that Rogers decided to end Fido Dollars.  And now that Fido Dollars have gone there is NO reason for me to renew my contract in a few months, I will definately be moving both my phone accounts to another more competitive and helpful provider. I have an iPhone 6, so why would I want to use the Fido Dollars to upgrade to a new phone as suggested by the customer service? 

What a great way to screw loyal Fido clients by cancelling a loyalty program! The sooner the CRTC removes the monopoly stranglehold, Rogers, Bell and Shaw have on communications in Canada the better. 

4 REPLIES 4
ggo

I agree completely. They always respond with a nonsensical mention of Spotify, or other useless "perks" that most users don't care about. We want bigger data plans and we want phones subsidized......everything else is superfluous. Minutes and texts are free everywhere anyway.

Hey @groovycat,

We definitely don't want to see you go because of this Sad

There's many other benefits that we include for our customers, i.e: Spotify Premium, Fido Roam, Trade in Device, Free price plan changes within the same plan category!

I'd be happy to take a closer look at this with you Smiley

I'll send you a PM shortly!

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

I too have been with Fido since the Microcell days. and only of the reasons I choose Fido was because of its Fidodollars. I have to admit I hate to see it go (gone?) But throughout the years Fidodollars have become less intrigued for me as the options for its use has declined, the decrease from 5% to 4%, and the amount I accumelate as my monthly payment goes down.

It was sudden and short for the cancelation of Fidodollars. I would prefer if Fido gave the option to spend on our monthly bills rather than forcing us to purchase a new phone.

But whats done is done, there is truth from Fido reps that new plans offer new incentives such as Sportify and FidoRoam. I didn't care for these either until I tired it. To be honest I find both new offerings quite useful, my suggestion is to at least give it a try.

ggo

Spotify is pretty good but, they only give you 6 months of premium free now and place the onus on YOU to cancel it or you'll be billed by Spotify monthly indefinitely. This form of negative billing and cross-marketing is shady at best and will DEFINITELY lead to many users paying an extra 10 dollars a month for service since many won't even bother to cancel