Fido Dollars are Valid Until the end of your Contract if you signed up before 2016

Fido Dollars are Valid Until the end of your Contract if you signed up before 2016

SOLVED
Plachta
I'm a Participant Level 2

I just got off the phone with a Fido rep and she told me my fido dollars do not disappear come July 6th. They actually disappear at the end of my contract on Dec 31, 2016. So I can use my Fido Dollars at anytime before Dec 31 2016. 

I still feel like I was robbed...... I would of had $140 fido Dollars to put towards a new phone if they were honest and held up the contract they signed with me a year and a half ago but instead I will only $90 Fido Dollars. Spotify doesnt make up for the loss. I guess I will be looking at other mobile careers.

My Spotify account has been hacked already. One month into Spotify and i was blocked from using my account for over a week while on vacation. not cool

***Edited to add Labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Dollars are Valid Until the end of your Contract if you signed up before 2016

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Plachta

The last day to redeem your FidoDOLLARS can vary depending on a couple variables. You can check out the different scenarios from this page right here.

Basically if on April 6, 2016 you were subscribed to a plan on agreement which was still accumulating FidoDOLLARS; you will have until July 6th, 2018 to redeem the balance. 

Otherwise, July 6, 2016 would be the last day to redeem them. 

Can you tell us a little more about the Spotify subscription? Were you able to get your account back up and running? 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoPierre

Hey @Plachta

The last day to redeem your FidoDOLLARS can vary depending on a couple variables. You can check out the different scenarios from this page right here.

Basically if on April 6, 2016 you were subscribed to a plan on agreement which was still accumulating FidoDOLLARS; you will have until July 6th, 2018 to redeem the balance. 

Otherwise, July 6, 2016 would be the last day to redeem them. 

Can you tell us a little more about the Spotify subscription? Were you able to get your account back up and running? 

Plachta
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for the update and the information FidoPierre. This is the complete opposite from what I was told on the phone. I was told my conversation was recorded and assured my Fido dollars would not expire on July 6 but are still valid until the end of my contract terms. If you want my account details I would really like this cleared up?

Spotify is back up and running. I have no clue how my account was accessed as the spotify app kept on randomly opening and than I received email varification that my email address had been changed. Spotify was pretty good at clearing up the mistake but I was told my personal email could now be compromised. I feel like my personal email account was somehow compromised by the spotify app. I have alot of confidential info on my email account. Not a confidence booster for me. I am considering uninstalling the app due to the threat of compromising my personal information. So much for that.

Hey @Plachta

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at this together. Smiley