Fido Dollars and Phone upgrade (Customer never wins!)

Lilly70
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello,

I am from Laval, Quebec and I have been a Fido client since 2004.

I have come to discover that accumulating Fido dollars might have been rewarding at some point, but there is not much you could do with them except upgrade on a phone. Fido dollars can't even be used for accessories. ******Ok, so here we go******  ....I went to a Fido store and called them in advance as there was an open box phone which is the Lg G Stylus and then the other phone which was available for the same price is the Huawei Y6

The Lg G Stylus was 150.00$ (open box) and the Huawei Y6 is 150.00$ brand new.  I also asked about the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and it wasn't even on available nor on display. Anyway, I wanted the Lg G Stylus as I read some pretty good reviews, so I figured I would be able to get one and use my Fido dollars, and I mentioned this to even one of the agents over the phone at the call centre and they said it was fine so if I use my Fido dollars, I would only pay like the balance which would be approximately 40.00$

I arrived at their store with this huge amount of disappointment and frustration!!  When I was told I can't even use Fido dollars for an open box phone (even though it's a DEVICE)...I knew then and there it was a no win situation. In the end, Fido wins.  The phones they have to offer are extremely expensive and only come down in price if you make a two to three year commitment.  I didn't sign any contract and still remained loyal.  The cheaper devices they offer a client which could maybe just cover part of the cost (approx. 40.00$) give or take, are not very enticing. I don't feel like spending a fortune and lock myself into a Tab agreement.

I do not have a contract with Fido, but I have remained a loyal customer and pay on a monthly basis. The thing that upsets me the most is that the open box phone was the same price as the Huaweai Y6, but because it was an open box...I COULDN'T USE MY FIDO DOLLARS ON THE Lg G STYLUS!!  I am on a budget and it's not like I have this ridiculous need to spend 400.00$ to 1000.00$ on a phone!! The Fido dollars were not free. I earned them!!  In other words, Fido still wins because if I buy the phone, and don't use my Fido dollars, then what?  It means I  have spent 172.00$ (tax included), while I have my Fido dollars just sitting there in my account and to top it off....will expire July 6th 2016!  So in the end, Fido wins. 

Will it kill Fido to make exceptions and just allow a long time customer to purchase a phone at 150.00$ whether it's an open box or not??  THERE'S ALWYAS A DIRTY CATCH. I feel cornered and cheated. Shame on you Fido, I have truly become a disappointed customer because new clients are offered more than existing clients.  You know what, I took the phone, but for trial purposes to decide whether I like it , but guess what...I had to spend quite a bit on the Lg G Stylus and my Fido dollars untouched!

If you make me an offer I can't refuse...then I will remain your customer.  In conclusion, if this does not get rectified soon, I WILL CANCEL MY SERVICE AND WAVE BYE BYE! FIDO HAS BEEN A BAD DOG! FIDO HAS BEEN GIVEN MANY BONES TO PLAY WITH, BUT WHEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS, YOU NEED TO BE SENT TO THE DOGHOUSE!

Today you pay more for less, and Fido makes billions.  I think I will abandon society, governments, corporations and will go live somewhere on a mountain with the goats! EVERYTHING IS ABOUT GREED AND NOT LOYALTY NOR RESPECT

Thanks,

Lilly  :manmad:

7 REPLIES 7
SHK7
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Fido is getting worse and worse everyday. You used to able order accessories with fido dollars but not any more.
Alao they say we are loyal customers as we were with them for a long time but they do not have loyalty plans or prices for new phone. If you want something contract and phone, they treat you as a new customer. Loyalty down the drain.
Lilly70
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello SHK7,

You are correct. I remember when I purchased my very first cell phone, it was with Rogers.  At that time, the phone came with a decent sized booklet (instructions), battery chargers: one regular, and the other charger would be for the car, and they also included a nice little casing to protect the phone. 

Today you pay WAY more for a phone, but only comes with a charger (adapter), a tiny pamphlet on instructions in which you need a microscope to read...and I think that's it.  In the past 15 years, all telecommunications companies figured why give anymore accessories when they could sell it seperately and make money.

Now mind you, I don't expect every telecommunication company to give things for free either as they are not a charity, but back then when a cell phone was purchased, those extra little things that came with the package were nice little touches. I felt that times were warmer back then. 

In the future, it will come to a point that if you purchase a car...brace yourself! You might have to buy the battery and tires seperately! 

Hey SHK7!

We certainly want you to be happy and don't want you to feel this way!  Things constantly change but we appreciate and value our long time customers and we're always looking for new ways to keep you happy! Are you looking for any specific plan or phone? Don't hesitate to let me know, i'm here to help!

SHK7

Hi christina

I already talked one of your guys. They told me there are no loyalty offers. That means ' who cares about the existing customers, u hav to take whatever the new customers taking or go away'.
Now I'm currently looking for other companies that actually value their customers, not make them mad. But u can try. Let's see what u have to offer.
But i agree with Lily about loyalty.

Thanks
FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey SHK7, we'd really hate to see you go.

I know we've spoken privately before. If you'd like us to discuss this again, let me know and I'll gladly send you a PM Smiley

SHK7

If you have any better plan and phone prices than the ones posted on site, then go ahead and send me a pm.
FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey Lilly70! Welcome to our community forums! 

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this together.