Fido Data overusage

Fido Data overusage

Fido Data overusage

SOLVED
malam
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido Data overusage

Hi,

I never received a text message from Fido when I was close to 50%, 90% or over usage, though I had this option enabled in my account. 

Today I just happened to login in my account, and I find I am 1.1 GB overusage.

This is not my fault as I never received a text message in the first place.

Also how much would I be charged for this over-usage?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Data overusage

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hi malam

If you have a Data option, a text message is sent to let you know when your data usage goes over certain pre-defined thresholds, depending on your data option:  

- once you've reached 90% or your data option

- once you've reached 100% or your data option

Please take note of the following: 
  • These messages are sent to you on an informative basis only; you’ll always be billed according to your usage wheather the texts are received or not. 
  • The text message alert is sent only after the data session has finished. This means you will not receive any notification while you are still connected to the internet.
  • You will always receive these text message notifications between 8 am to 10 pm EST.
Fido customer can track of their Monthly Usage by using 3 available self-serve tools here:
  • By dialing *28 from your Fido phone to hear your usage
  • Through the Fido Application
  • By logging into MyAccount & click "View Usage"

To see how much the "Data Over-Charge" is, I'll need to take a closer look at your account, as the Over-Charge can change from one plan to the next. 

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look 😃

By the way, feel free to reach out to us by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter if you ever have questions about your specific account!

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
davidkh6
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I received a text message from Fido today informing that I have exceeded the data by $50 included in my plan and that data is temporarily on hold. I have not received any text message from Fido informing when I'm at 90% of 100% usage of my limit. 

Let me know if you can help with the issue.

Thanks

Hi davidkh6,

I will send you a PM in just a bit.

Thanks. 

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi malam

If you have a Data option, a text message is sent to let you know when your data usage goes over certain pre-defined thresholds, depending on your data option:  

- once you've reached 90% or your data option

- once you've reached 100% or your data option

Please take note of the following: 
  • These messages are sent to you on an informative basis only; you’ll always be billed according to your usage wheather the texts are received or not. 
  • The text message alert is sent only after the data session has finished. This means you will not receive any notification while you are still connected to the internet.
  • You will always receive these text message notifications between 8 am to 10 pm EST.
Fido customer can track of their Monthly Usage by using 3 available self-serve tools here:
  • By dialing *28 from your Fido phone to hear your usage
  • Through the Fido Application
  • By logging into MyAccount & click "View Usage"

To see how much the "Data Over-Charge" is, I'll need to take a closer look at your account, as the Over-Charge can change from one plan to the next. 

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look 😃

By the way, feel free to reach out to us by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter if you ever have questions about your specific account!