Fido Agent not so Helpful

SOLVED
Zahi514
I'm a Participant Level 1

This week I made plan changes to my two lines under my account based on an terms with the agent reviewed and I approved. However, the confirming emails did not reflect what the agent reviewed. Worst part is that after calling the call center I was told it is not possible to go to the recording of the call. Even worse, after calling  third time to complain to a supervisor, I was told that there was no supervisor available to talk to on Saturday nor Sunday!!! Is this the level of carelessness customer Fido deserve after being a customer for two years? Here goes my story:

on Sep-6 I called Fido:

for the first line (my wife's), I was on $49 plan wit 6GB. The agent told me she can get me a better deal by giving me a $10 discount so $39 for 8GB. I approved but the confirming email came to be $49 not $39 as agreed!

the bigger problem was my line. I was on a contract that was about to expire in two months where I was paying $49 with 2GB. She had me break my contract for $64 and get me the same deal as above $39 with 8GB which I gladly agreed to. However, the confirming email from Fido also had $49 instead of $39 as promised. 

on Sep-7 I called Fido again:

After receiving the disturbing emails, I called the call center and they confirmed that I am on the $49 plan. I complained that this was not what I was promised. I was promised $39 (Thank God I was on speaker and my wife who was listening to the original conversation with the 1st agent). Anyway, I ask to listen to the recording but the agent said it is not possible. The after looking deeper, the agent confirmed that he saw the $10 discount that was pending accounts department approval. I was never told that the $10 needed to be approved! I paid $64 to break the contract for nothing. If I am on the $49 plan after the change why would I break the contract and pay $64 when I was already paying $49? The answer is simple: the pervious agent confirmed $39 for one year on a monthly plan. This time agent said it would take 72 hours to receive an answer from whatever department needed to approve this. I asked would I receive a confirming email whether the $10 discount is approved Yes or No? He confirmed Yes. But guess what I never received any email. So I was misled once again. what a disappointment!!

on Sept-9 i called Fido for the 3rd time (like I have nothing else to do):

This time the agent confirmed that the answer is no for the $10 discount. which I never received via email. Never mind the email, this was not subject to approval to start with. The agent asked me to escalate to a supervisor I said of course. But the agent apologized stating that supervisors are hard to get on Saturday's or Sunday's. He wanted me to call again on Monday. rather than offering to call me back. (WOW what a disappointment)!!. 

in Summary, I feel I was misled and paid 64$ breaking my contract for agents promising something not confirmed. I didn't get the $10 discount i was promissed on both lines. worse, I couldn’t prove it because no recordings (next time i will record all my calls myself with Fido agents because I am sorry to say that the trust is not there anymore!!). I could care less of the $64 or $10 monthly discount ... I feel sorry of the carelessness of Fido agents. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Agent not so Helpful

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @Zahi514

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and Welcome to the Community. 

That's definitely not the type of exeprience we want out customers to have, I assure you that we sincerely care abour our customers and we want the best offers for you!

If a supervisor was not available at the time of the call, we should have offered to call you back, that's definitely not how it should have been handled.

I'll send you a PM so we can look into this Smiley 

Talk to you soon.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Zahi514

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and Welcome to the Community. 

That's definitely not the type of exeprience we want out customers to have, I assure you that we sincerely care abour our customers and we want the best offers for you!

If a supervisor was not available at the time of the call, we should have offered to call you back, that's definitely not how it should have been handled.

I'll send you a PM so we can look into this Smiley 

Talk to you soon.